Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big clubs in the championship, are we one?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes we're a big club...Big clubs get big crowds and have a big fan base.
What league you're in and what trophies you've won are irrelevant when it comes to a big club although being successful will increase your fan base.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No, we are not a big club.

But we are one of, if not, the most attractive clubs in the Championship - best facilities, best manager, best chairman and best team spirit.
Yes we're a big club and we've gone past that middle sized club scenario....How many clubs in this country would average 25/26/27k in the second tier ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes we are a big club

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We're definitely a small club again now, and off the radar - glory be! Anybody see Paul Lambert on SSN yesterday?

"Who do you expect to be promoted from the Championship next season, Paul?"
"Well, the three that go down. Newcastle and Villa far too big for that division - and Norwich too really - I mean, they can pack 25,000 into Carrow Road every week,"
"And what about the teams currently in the Championship, Paul?"
"Derby, obviously." Paused to think, "......and whoever doesn't come up out of Hull and Sheffield Wednesday, I suppose."

Any teams looking out for an out of work manager who knows his way round the Championship, anybody?
Meanwhile, hopefully we'll creep through to automatic promotion without anyone noticing!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We're definitely a small club again now, and off the radar - glory be! Anybody see Paul Lambert on SSN yesterday?

"Who do you expect to be promoted from the Championship next season, Paul?"
"Well, the three that go down. Newcastle and Villa far too big for that division - and Norwich too really - I mean, they can pack 25,000 into Carrow Road every week,"
"And what about the teams currently in the Championship, Paul?"
"Derby, obviously." Paused to think, "......and whoever doesn't come up out of Hull and Sheffield Wednesday, I suppose."

Any teams looking out for an out of work manager who knows his way round the Championship, anybody?
Meanwhile, hopefully we'll creep through to automatic promotion without anyone noticing!

I heard that interview ,brilliant top quality in depth analysis...... i want to be a TV pundit , . ( No funny fka's editing my post by removing the PUNDIT bit either , thankyou very much )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I heard that interview ,brilliant top quality in depth analysis...... i want to be a TV pundit , . ( No funny fka's editing my post by removing the PUNDIT bit either , thankyou very much )
The thought of doing that never entered my head ...... ....... ...... but now you've mentioned it ....................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the bookies think we're in the Top 6 for promotion next season and our attendances continue to be in the top 4 of the Championship then, in my book, we're a big club for this division.

It is all boll*cks anyway because the Championship will bite you on the arse - Sunderland, Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Wed, Southampton, even Man City have all fallen through the Championship trap-door.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We is what we is, and I love it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In 1977-78 (Division 2) we were 12th in the football attendances chart ahead of first division clubs Newcastle and Sunderland and Middlesbrough and our tickets were more expensive then as well. Below Forest and Leeds though but they were at the top of Division One. Still some way to go to fulfill our potential. Only a few thousand ahead of top flight Bristol City and Coventry City though. About comparable to both the Sheffield clubs put together back then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here