Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big article on Oscar in todays I newspaper

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Now THERE'S an editorial policy I wholeheartedly endorse.

The overwhelming flatulance of sycophancy that was shat forth from every orifice of the media over that christening created a stench so suffocating, that by the end of that week it had almost driven me to gouging my own eyes out with a rusty allen key.

Easy 10, that got a genuine LOL from me. A GLOL if you like.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Patience they say is a virtue. It does seem to lack in football more than almost any other part of modern-day life.

I am utterly convinced that Oscar is exactly what the club needs now and over the next few years for so many reasons. I loved Gus. But enough now. I want understated calm conviction at the helm.

I want an end to the turbulence of that intoxicating love affair that made me high, tore me down and left me bereft and emotionally bankrupt.

I want warmth and excitement and passion - but I want those things underpinned with that wonderful calm air of authority.

Tony wants it clearly, I want it, I hope and think the players want it.

When we arrive in the Premier League I want us to be proud.

Not a crumbling, shambolic laughing-stock managed by a feckless berk, full of sound-bites and flippant off-the-cuff one liners.

I've said nothing on this forum for many months. I needed to step away from the squealing, the gnashing of teeth and those almost gleefully predicting the demise and collapse of our brave new world.

It's still here, it is moving forwards and it's brave world that's all the better for having Oscar at the helm.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I wouldn't swap Oscar for anyone.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I was excited when he joined and i'm still excited for what the future holds. Results may not be what we've all wanted so far but unless you're a dribbling simpleton (you, yes you) then it's understandable and we can only be patient for players to return. I'll only worry if we are at full (or near to as possible) strength and still stuttering.

I said at the start of the season it will be a season of transition and i'll maintain that, whether we finish top or bottom half.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Patience they say is a virtue. It does seem to lack in football more than almost any other part of modern-day life.

I am utterly convinced that Oscar is exactly what the club needs now and over the next few years for so many reasons. I loved Gus. But enough now. I want understated calm conviction at the helm.

I want an end to the turbulence of that intoxicating love affair that made me high, tore me down and left me bereft and emotionally bankrupt.

I want warmth and excitement and passion - but I want those things underpinned with that wonderful calm air of authority.

Tony wants it clearly, I want it, I hope and think the players want it.

When we arrive in the Premier League I want us to be proud.

Not a crumbling, shambolic laughing-stock managed by a feckless berk, full of sound-bites and flippant off-the-cuff one liners.

I've said nothing on this forum for many months. I needed to step away from the squealing, the gnashing of teeth and those almost gleefully predicting the demise and collapse of our brave new world.

It's still here, it is moving forwards and it's brave world that's all the better for having Oscar at the helm.

Well going by this, you really should say a lot more.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think Kusczack [sic] and Greer are taking that to mean as high in the air as possible based on some of the route one stuff we've been doing recently :)

You know, you can't just spell something incorrectly then write 'sic' to excuse the mistake. 'Sic' is used after a quote to make it clear that's exactly how it appears in the original.

By the way, it's Kuszczak, not 'Kusczack'(sic). S Z C Z.

Sorry to be a pedant but I'm hungover.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is there a reason for this sudden media offensive? This isn't the first time Oscar's popped up in a major national newspaper feature this week.

Are the club pulling some strings to build up the Oscar love now that the Poyet saga seems to be done with?

Oscar didn't feel comfortable doing one-to-one interviews in English when he first arrived. So the pre-season pieces in the Sunday Times and Independent on Sunday in July were both conducted in Spanish.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...guardiola-had-to-start-somewhere-8735142.html

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Football_League/article1292952.ece

Presumably he has given the okay for interviews in English and some earlier interview requests have now been granted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here