Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big article on Oscar in todays I newspaper

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I must say when we scored the equaliser against Watford and they showed Oscar and his his .8 of a second celebration then hands straight back into his pockets like nothing happened it made me like him even more.

Very understated and focused person would be my impression. Not bothered about what the world outside the club thinks or feels, it's simply all about the club as a whole.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think Kusczack [sic] and Greer are taking that to mean as high in the air as possible based on some of the route one stuff we've been doing recently :)
Not sure if that is a pisstake or not but there are a lot of people who do talk about us playing a much more direct / "route one" style and bemoaning the passing of Poyet's passing team...

Look at the stats about us passing and keeping the ball...

The only thing we are doing wrong is not scoring enough and that will change when we have better and fitter strikers on the pitch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"This meant, during pre-season, sitting the players down with videos of Barcelona"

Wow, that wouldn't have been in the least bit intimidating for the players then.

Thats like me going to the barbers with a photo of Brad Pitt and saying "There. Make me look like that."

:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very happy with Oscar. Wayyyy too early to judge him whilst we have such a ridiculous amount of injuries, but we are occasionally showing hints of something a bit special.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
"This meant, during pre-season, sitting the players down with videos of Barcelona"

Wow, that wouldn't have been in the least bit intimidating for the players then.

Thats like me going to the barbers with a photo of Brad Pitt and saying "There. Make me look like that."

:lolol:

:clap2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we carry on losing he will be gone before I've unwrapped my Chrissie presents, time we saw results on the pitch to justify the continual hype

Classic nonsense from the ultimate wind up merchant.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Very happy with Oscar. Wayyyy too early to judge him whilst we have such a ridiculous amount of injuries, but we are occasionally showing hints of something a bit special.

I'm finding myself agreeing you with matters Albion recently. Precisely this, every now and then our passing is quick and incisive, stuff we wouldn't have even tried under Poyet. We're pressing far higher up the pitch and worrying teams on the ball. Time will tell I guess but I really don't think we are far off being very good.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can clearly see it all coming together slowly but surely , those who said it would take 15 to 20 games for the players to adapt to the improvements of Oscar's style of play were probably right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm finding myself agreeing you with matters Albion recently. Precisely this, every now and then our passing is quick and incisive, stuff we wouldn't have even tried under Poyet. We're pressing far higher up the pitch and worrying teams on the ball. Time will tell I guess but I really don't think we are far off being very good.

I think we will find some players not quite up to the speed of this style of football, so it may take another couple of transfer windows before it really beds in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think we will find some players not quite up to the speed of this style of football, so it may take another couple of transfer windows before it really beds in.

I agree with the first part of your post but the second bit probably needs to be expanded to 4 transfer windows - especially given TB has already said there will be nobody new in the January one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree with the first part of your post but the second bit probably needs to be expanded to 4 transfer windows - especially given TB has already said there will be nobody new in the January one.

Yup. Plenty on here won't be anywhere NEAR patient enough for this. Just ignore them. They were exactly the same in the early days of Poyet's reign.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
O/T i wonder if the I would survive without the Indie

No, since it's an edited-down version of the Indy. But its future is more tied up with the success or otherwise of the local TV channel for London that the Russian owner (who also owns the Evening Standard) is starting up.

The Independent's long-forecast demise would be tragic for many reasons, not least of which is that, while the Torygraph and Daily Fail each dedicated 5-6 pages to the recent royal christening, the Indy reported it in a single paragraph at the bottom of page 27.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, since it's an edited-down version of the Indy. But its future is more tied up with the success or otherwise of the local TV channel for London that the Russian owner (who also owns the Evening Standard) is starting up.

The Independent's long-forecast demise would be tragic for many reasons, not least of which is that, while the Torygraph and Daily Fail each dedicated 5-6 pages to the recent royal christening, the Indy reported it in a single paragraph at the bottom of page 27.

Totally with u re that last paragraph

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's spooky. He's wearing the same jumper as me.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Let's hope that Local TV thing is a success (that seems unlikely though from all reports).
I love the I , great unsensational news, good sport, little bit of arts and fancy stuff and all for 20p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Now THERE'S an editorial policy I wholeheartedly endorse.

The overwhelming flatulance of sycophancy that was shat forth from every orifice of the media over that christening created a stench so suffocating, that by the end of that week it had almost driven me to gouging my own eyes out with a rusty allen key.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If we carry on losing he will be gone before I've unwrapped my Chrissie presents, time we saw results on the pitch to justify the continual hype

What on arse are you talking about? We've lost 2 out of the last 11.

Good article, on paper he has everything to succeed. Now he just needs the players fit to give him a chance.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Nice article in The Indy. OG has a philosophy and a plan, as supporters we need to back him. It may take time, especially so if our more important players are missing. If we finish in the bottom half this season, so be it. Let him get on with developing the team. Our job is to back him and the players.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Is there a reason for this sudden media offensive? This isn't the first time Oscar's popped up in a major national newspaper feature this week.

Are the club pulling some strings to build up the Oscar love now that the Poyet saga seems to be done with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here