Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bielsa on his way? (Update, left Leeds "by mutual consent")

Never got the Bielsa antipathy on here. Isn’t it obvious that Leeds have the poorest squad in the division. He’s overachieved even where they are now. If a new manager comes in and does well obviously I’ll be wrong but I can’t see it

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A permanent tribute for someone who got them promoted to the PL! Expectations sure have dropped at Elland Road. Tinpottery in the extremis!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never got the Bielsa antipathy on here. Isn’t it obvious that Leeds have the poorest squad in the division. He’s overachieved even where they are now. If a new manager comes in and does well obviously I’ll be wrong but I can’t see it

Errr possibly related to having him being the messiah rammed down our throats by every media outlet!! On Talksport earlier they were mourning his passing at Leeds, taking as though it was Mother Theresa and Gandhi in one human being. Without any of that there wouldn’t be all the ‘antipathy’ or ridicule on here.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sad for football. Breath of fresh air for football for 3 years. Very bad run of 10 plus games and he is out.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bielsa on his way? (Update, left Leeds "by mutual consent")

I don’t understand, when they came up Leeds fans said they were going to win the Premier league and the Champions league with Bielsa , there was also talk of the World Cup and the Super Bowl as well .

Odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don’t understand, when they came up Leeds fans said they were going to win the Premier league and the Champions league with Bielsa , there was also talk of the World Cup and the Super Bowl as well .

Odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they did win the winter olympics tho'

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Anyone who can persuade the Leeds owners to spend £29 m on Rodrigo,in a stagnant transfer market IS a genius.If only we had signed him Lol!

Also,whatever happened to Robin Koch? I thought he was supposed to be a better player than Ben White? Lol

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone who can persuade the Leeds owners to spend £29 m on Rodrigo,in a stagnant transfer market IS a genius.If only we had signed him Lol!

Also,whatever happened to Robin Koch? I thought he was supposed to be a better player than Ben White? Lol

And £25M+ for Dan James

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it’s great that Leeds fans still worship him even though their season has fallen apart and they have parted company. Refreshing that a clubs fans can take the hit and still appreciate what he did for them. Not sure I’ve ever seen this before, normally there is rancour and abuse about managers who go on long losing runs

Can anyone think of a similar scenario? CH to a degree but many were in agreement that he’d taken us as far as he could. Didn’t hear any fan/club ideas to build a statue/memorial to him

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Some of the reason Bielsa didn’t have a better squad was down to him though. He only wanted people who improved the first team. It is a squad game and you need proper back up. I doubt they have suffered as much as us for first team injuries and players not available but we have a squad.

His football was fun to watch but I like goals. It has become a cult following him.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
It's a shame for Bielsa, as on all accounts he is a genuinely nice guy. I also feel a little sad for the Leeds fans I work with. They are very passionate, but also realists. Unlike the entitled swivel eyed loons we got on social media with the Ben White saga. All that BS about how Bielsa made him, 'Harry Potters' dad only collects centre backs etc etc. For those lot, I'm laughing my tits off!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
General consensus seems to be he was sacked because he wouldn’t compromise on his style. Nailed on next manager is Jesse Marsch famed for playing the exact same style I believe. Odd.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Something I keep hearing is that Bielsa is such a man of the people and shops in Morrisons etc. Leeds fans love his man of the people schtick.

Bearing that in mind why does he demand such an excessive salary? Surely he should work for little if he is a man of the people rather than demand massive wages that are paid by the fans who worship him and could have signed a decent player. I don’t know what he does with the money so I guess if he sends it all to charities then I take it back. Does anyone know?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Something I keep hearing is that Bielsa is such a man of the people and shops in Morrisons etc. Leeds fans love his man of the people schtick.

Bearing that in mind why does he demand such an excessive salary? Surely he should work for little if he is a man of the people rather than demand massive wages that are paid by the fans who worship him and could have signed a decent player. I don’t know what he does with the money so I guess if he sends it all to charities then I take it back. Does anyone know?

How much does he demand and why do you think it is excessive?

He wasn't sacked because of his salary demands, of that I'm confident.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A funny thing about Dirty Leeds ‘GREAT’ Championship season.

Exactly the same number of points as us in our promotion season.
Exactly the same number of wins,
Exactly the same number of draws
Exactly the same number of losses.

They won the Division by 10 points,
We came second.

That shows the difference in quality of the Division in those 2 seasons.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
How much does he demand and why do you think it is excessive?

He wasn't sacked because of his salary demands, of that I'm confident.

It is reported was on about 8 million which is huge. Obviously he got them into the championship so that could be argued good value but that is a huge salary. My point is about the apparent contradiction of the “man of the people” tag when he gets so highly paid. Surely if he was that much of a man of the people he would do it for a fraction of that and insist it was spent on the team?

I class it as excessive in comparison to other premier league managers. Is he worth 4 times as much as potter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here