Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] ***Biden/Harris Inauguration - Official Match Thread***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Biden walking up all those steps, I had the Rocky theme in my head!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Watching CNN this inauguration feels so good as the USA moves from a fanciest administration to one that I am hopeful for

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
From a purely local perspective I suppose that's true but I regarded / still regard Trump as a global danger and an enabler in the rise of Neo Fascism and the Alt Right.

I don't disagree but those people existed before Trump and will continue to exist post Trump.

Not to mention I've just changed jobs to somewhere where the US will be a target market in the next couple of years. Somewhere bristling with gun-toting vigilantes on the verge of civil war and with still a good chance of catching a nasty virus doesn't sound like a perk of travel. In fact it sounds like going somewhere lawless in the Third World. Exciting maybe but not what I'd call massively appealing.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I work for a Nazdaq listed company in an industry that will grow massively in next 10 years regardless of who is charge of the white house.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trump he still managed to get 74 million people to vote for him he must have done some good over the last 4 years.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is it though? I've quite enjoyed having a massive barmpot in charge over there. He's made us look good.

And the reality is it doesn't really affect any of us over here who is in charge. I don't really understand the fascination over here in American politics. Biden being in charge affects me as much as Trump being in charge and Obama before him and Bush before him etc etc.

I may get a lot less people moaning on my twitter feed about a leader they didn't get to vote on in a country thousands of miles away I suppose.

Jimmy Carter got the lamp post in my street fixed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kamala Harris :love:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trump he still managed to get 74 million people to vote for him he must have done some good over the last 4 years.

No, not at all, they're just really really gullible inbred and stupid, beyond even the most extreme English levels, Also, like here, a massive reactionary protest vote.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No, not at all, they're just really really gullible inbred and stupid, beyond even the most extreme English levels

Having worked with Americans for the last 10 years I know that is not true.

Its also a load of bollocks that they can't drink!

Also, like here, a massive reactionary protest vote.

But what caused that? And if it was just a protest then vote then surely Trump would have disappeared like UKIP did over here?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can you imagine if we had all this guff for Boris? It would take half the day bringing out his kids and the band would run out of tunes.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well now it is just a round of ISIHAC.
Introducing Mr and Mrs Bennett - and their son Gordon
Mr & Mrs Trollroll, & their son, Alec

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Trump leaving the White House for the final time this morning... :laugh:
IMG-20210120-WA0001.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
On the tee. From America. Someone you've never heard of.

(Fanfare)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here