Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bhasvic? Any thoughts....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Even when they were OK (pre dispute obviously) the service from here (Wivelsfield for us which in theory should be so easy for Lewes) was poor - we bought our eldest a car for her second year instead of relying on the trains.

Comparing the two, I would say BHASVIC is a far better option than Lewes providing the kid is sufficiently diligent and motivated.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My eldest lad is in the process of looking at colleges as he's in his GCSE year at school. We live in Eastbourne. He doesn't want to go anywhere in Eastbourne, but has considered Sussex Downs Lewes, Bexhill Sixth Form College and now seems quite keen on Bhasvic. I'd be very interested to hear from any parents or students, current or previous, as to how they would judge the college.

Rubbish at football late 80's, we (H.Heath College) tore them apart in true Joy Division style 5-1...and even I scored to paraphrase the famous Heskey song! Anyway, hope this helps... ;)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rubbish at football late 80's, we (H.Heath College) tore them apart in true Joy Division style 5-1...and even I scored to paraphrase the famous Heskey song! Anyway, hope this helps... ;)
Funnily enough, I am not really that bothered about the college football team lol!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Haywards Heath college closes next summer...............'that's why you're going down' etc.........[emoji23]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My middle son has just started there and loves it! Doing geography and physics a level an btec sport, my eldest lad went to varndean and hated it!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My middle son has just started there and loves it! Doing geography and physics a level an btec sport, my eldest lad went to varndean and hated it!

Mine did geography, PE and biology A levels.......seemed pretty good. Heard about a few of his pals that went to Varndean, generally not positive.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Mine did geography, PE and biology A levels.......seemed pretty good. Heard about a few of his pals that went to Varndean, generally not positive.

What did you hear about Varndean ? I met the teachers at Warden Park open evening and quite liked the look of it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nothing specific.....just that some of those who went there didn't do too well. I'll ask junior tomorrow.........
Thanks mate , would appreciate the feedback, are you the one who worked in les deux alpes ? I always get you mixed up with Darren freemans perm !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I took my boy to Lewes tonight , we are also looking at bhasvic and varndean, seemed quite good at Lewes.

I left Tideway and did my A levels at Lewes. I guess it's changed since my day though.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Studied there 20 years ago and 2 decades on, I have just started doing an evening language course there.

I had a very enjoyable and productive time there first time round, made some good friends who remain friends now and it set me up well for university. Having gone back there recently, there have been a few changes but they have some very good facilities there that are conducive to learning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks mate , would appreciate the feedback, are you the one who worked in les deux alpes ? I always get you mixed up with Darren freemans perm !

Nope, not me [emoji3] Boring job in a bank.

Have to take all the comments with a small pinch of salt obviously but junior did ok at BHASVIC and has mates that went to all the the other local colleges (Varndean has always been the worst in discussion over the last couple of years - dropouts etc - from what I recall), BHASVIC pushes them the hardest (he would say that though wouldn't he......)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same here but I don't think my experience of 40 years ago would help much

Exactly 30 years ago for me. I had a great time though and Lewes was good fun as a student. This was before Lewes became full of wizards and professors.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I left Tideway and did my A levels at Lewes. I guess it's changed since my day though.

Seemed OK tonight , as an aside I am off to visit the sorely missed NSCer Lokki7 on Sunday , in Medellin Colombia :eek:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seemed OK tonight , as an aside I am off to visit the sorely missed NSCer Lokki7 on Sunday , in Medellin Colombia :eek:

Loved Colombia........going to go back at some point. Only managed a short work trip a few years ago but great people, fabulous food, culture and scenery. Was looked after so well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:ohmy:

Oh my ****ing God. I'm sure you will both have a good time :ohmy:

Say hi to him from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here