NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2-0 after 20 mins :love:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
2-0 with only 20 mins gone. Terrific finish from Tolaj but great pressing from Albion. Sarmiento looking v bright.

This could be messy for Rovers.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
2-0 to Albion - a penalty scored by Marc Leonard after a gust of wind blew over Cameron Peupion, and a rocket from Lorent Tolaj.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The league exists only as a means to develop talent. The ultimate goal isn't to win U-23 matches, it is to produce players for the first team (of course, with fees being generated by selling those that don't quite make it).

Yes of course - I bloody know that! It is still nice to win though - and it's a long time since we won any trophy! I was also partly thinking of something I saw on the Rovers forum earlier in the week, based on them finishing above us last season (not that last season means anthing at all in U23 football, of course.

This lot (us) is a bit like watching Barcelona tonight though (against a significantly under-strength Blackburn side, to be fair).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Jeremy Sarmiento looks the real deal. Lively and menacing, like a loose 300 kilovolt power cable!

TNBA

TTF

I'd agree with that. Looks like a very talented young player who's not afraid to take people on and seems to have bags of pace. Hopefully one for the first team soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jeremy Sarmiento looks the real deal. Lively and menacing, like a loose 300 kilovolt power cable!

TNBA

TTF

He has a great first touch that takes him past the first player allied to very fast acceleration meaning he is gone by the time the defender has turned. There is creativity with the passing too. I see him as a Trossard style player, I suspect we picked him up instead of Velasco.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Yes of course - I bloody know that! It is still nice to win though - and it's a long time since we won any trophy! I was also partly thinking of something I saw on the Rovers forum earlier in the week, based on them finishing above us last season (not that last season means anthing at all in U23 football, of course.

This lot (us) is a bit like watching Barcelona tonight though (against a significantly under-strength Blackburn side, to be fair).

Apart from last season when the youngsters won a trophy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here