Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Financials

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Nice work! Where abouts is your E&Y offer for? I'm graduating this summer too, got an offer for Audit in the Manchester office. How come your still trying for KPMG? I'm still having a go at landing another job, as the offer is in Bristol and ideally I want to stay around here, but E&Y are class

The EY job is in the Reading office as the London one was full. Hence me trying to land the KPMG position as it's for the Canary Wharf office. I don't really fancy living on Reading...or ive been thinking maybe living in London and commuting out which is not ideal. Still have an assessment day with Deloitte for the City office to do at some point, but they have been quiet not 3 months now since i passed the 1st round interview so im not holding out much hope.

well done on your offer, the whole process is a pain isnt it! im not a fan of the group discussions/role plays/etc etc. im just hoping that kpmg dont aske me to re-sit the online tests on the day cos they are very tough- even harder than the ones the banks make you sit.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Someone on NSC is an ACA examiner. They are tough papers, good luck in your search.

I would echo what others have said and not choose the Albion as a company. Consider a company that is potential high growth, such as search engine optimisation or emerging technologies, so that there is scope for KPMG to assist in tax planning, corporate finance, systems development etc.

I wrote a reference for a former student a few years ago, helped her finalise the share option scheme when she was FD, and then saw her bank a £6m cheque when they sold out, there is a lot of money to be made once you have ACA after your name.

Have prepared the presentation on San Leon- an oil and gas company in its exploration phase. Huge potential upside and growth. Also pioneering shale technology too so lots to talk about. I bought shares in them last month so know the company well, too.

god if i ever trot down to the bank with a £6 million cheque then i am never working another day in my life! just live a life of leisure on a beach somewhere and move the fortune around

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
The EY job is in the Reading office as the London one was full. Hence me trying to land the KPMG position as it's for the Canary Wharf office. I don't really fancy living on Reading...or ive been thinking maybe living in London and commuting out which is not ideal. Still have an assessment day with Deloitte for the City office to do at some point, but they have been quiet not 3 months now since i passed the 1st round interview so im not holding out much hope.

well done on your offer, the whole process is a pain isnt it! im not a fan of the group discussions/role plays/etc etc. im just hoping that kpmg dont aske me to re-sit the online tests on the day cos they are very tough- even harder than the ones the banks make you sit.

Good effort! One of my mates lives in Farnborough and is on a placement year in London, and from what i can gather he's pretty fed up with all the commuting! You'll be pretty sorted if you get the KPMG one - good luck! Situation with Deloitte seems a bit odd, have you tried to ring them at all?
I really enjoyed the E&Y process - maybe because a lot of chat in the interviews was football chat (partner that interviewed me had worked with some pro footballers)...probably helped my cause! From what I've heard about some other ones, it seems relatively straight forward. Main problem was the time limits on everything, especially the aptitude tests you do on the assessment day!

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Good effort! One of my mates lives in Farnborough and is on a placement year in London, and from what i can gather he's pretty fed up with all the commuting! You'll be pretty sorted if you get the KPMG one - good luck! Situation with Deloitte seems a bit odd, have you tried to ring them at all?
I really enjoyed the E&Y process - maybe because a lot of chat in the interviews was football chat (partner that interviewed me had worked with some pro footballers)...probably helped my cause! From what I've heard about some other ones, it seems relatively straight forward. Main problem was the time limits on everything, especially the aptitude tests you do on the assessment day!

I'm not sure what the deal is with Deloitte- im guessing they have filled their places but are expecting people to decline the offer and then they will turn to cart horses like me. yeah actually the EY process isnt too bad- at least there was no presentation to do, and their aptitude tests were the easiest i've done. the KPMG ones had me in a pickle- i thought i was pretty good at them and suddenly found myself faced with 40 very tough questions to do in 20 mins...had me at panic stations let me tell you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here