BHAFC Financials

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I have an assessment centre with KPMG on wednesday and have to prepare a presentation beforehand on a business-its background and advice on how it can expand. I'm thinking of doing it on BHAFC, and although it's a long shot, was wondering if anyone knows where i can get access to the clubs financials, info on revenue streams of just any info that would be useful in understanding the running of the business. I'm particularly interested in the long term prospects of the club and how the new stadium will affect this.

Maybe someone out there has already conducted similar research into the club?

cheers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think if you look at the companies house website you can access the annual accounts and you are leaving this very late in the day.

Try BP the only way is up.

My only thought is that the Albion's finances are so peculiar that they may not be the best example to use, if you want to impress with a knowledge of how businesses work.

"Wait until you're close to going bust and find a bloke with £100 million in loose change" is hardly a good starting point for any well-constructed Business Plan.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
My only thought is that the Albion's finances are so peculiar that they may not be the best example to use, if you want to impress with a knowledge of how businesses work.

"Wait until you're close to going bust and find a bloke with £100 million in loose change" is hardly a good starting point for any well-constructed Business Plan.

:lol: perhaps a good point!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Having been through a kpmg assessment centre myself, albeit many years ago, I would advise against analysing a set of accounts from a football club. I can't remember who I looked at, but I think my starting point was a copy of the FT and picked a company with an interesting, topical business story.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
yeah i think you're right! have actually already partly prepared a presentation on arsenal cos its actually run more like a business. just wanted to have a look at BHAFC though before i commit. although not sure football clubs are the best examples!oh well its more about the delivery than the business content...i think!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seriously think this through, what happens if one of your interviewers is totally ante-football and expects someone to talk about what he / she would consider to be a real business (in his / her view).

You could have failed at the first hurdle.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Just make sure you've got a really strong story as to why you want a career in this field, quite tricky if you're going for an audit job! You need to come across as really interested in the role for what it entails and not just the salary.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Seriously think this through, what happens if one of your interviewers is totally ante-football and expects someone to talk about what he / she would consider to be a real business (in his / her view).

You could have failed at the first hurdle.

yeah i'm still unsure about what im doing it on at the moment. have also done in depth research into a 'Booker Group'- wholesalers audited by KPMG and so am considering them too. its just all a bit boring though and i already banged on about them in my 1st interview. i know people who did theirs on their local ice rink and stuff like that..and got the job, so i think they're mostly assessing delivery and communication skills

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Just make sure you've got a really strong story as to why you want a career in this field, quite tricky if you're going for an audit job! You need to come across as really interested in the role for what it entails and not just the salary.

cheers, yeah i'm quite well drilled in the whole process now...have attended loads of interviews/assessment days...managed to land a job with ernst and young so i must be saying something right. are you currently working in the profession?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
cheers, yeah i'm quite well drilled in the whole process now...have attended loads of interviews/assessment days...managed to land a job with ernst and young so i must be saying something right. are you currently working in the profession?

I was in practice for about 10 years (kpmg, EY & pwc) but have now been in an in-house role for a FTSE 100 for the last 3 years. I did enjoy working in practice, but it just felt like the right time to get out. Don't regret the move though.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I was in practice for about 10 years (kpmg, EY & pwc) but have now been in an in-house role for a FTSE 100 for the last 3 years. I did enjoy working in practice, but it just felt like the right time to get out. Don't regret the move though.

I plan to get the ACA and move on. I'm graduating this summer and the Big 4 are obviously great places to start a career at get qualified..i just dont see myself in audit for the long term

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

I don't pretend to know about these things, but wouldn't it be a good example of how exceptional economic circumstances can impact on an otherwise (reasonably) sound company plan? I admit we had a lucky escape, though!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I plan to get the ACA and move on. I'm graduating this summer and the Big 4 are obviously great places to start a career at get qualified..i just dont see myself in audit for the long term

Someone on NSC is an ACA examiner. They are tough papers, good luck in your search.

I would echo what others have said and not choose the Albion as a company. Consider a company that is potential high growth, such as search engine optimisation or emerging technologies, so that there is scope for KPMG to assist in tax planning, corporate finance, systems development etc.

I wrote a reference for a former student a few years ago, helped her finalise the share option scheme when she was FD, and then saw her bank a £6m cheque when they sold out, there is a lot of money to be made once you have ACA after your name.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol

Nice work! Where abouts is your E&Y offer for? I'm graduating this summer too, got an offer for Audit in the Manchester office. How come your still trying for KPMG? I'm still having a go at landing another job, as the offer is in Bristol and ideally I want to stay around here, but E&Y are class

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports