Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA v Palarse

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know it never happens, but are you even allowed to sell out your decaying stadium? There must be health and safety issues with that tumbledown shack.

There's plenty of health and safety issues around Selhurst that are not all the fault of CPFC, the fact that there has been a lot of bad LSD in the area has led to many of the locals believing that they have a foot ball team at Sainsburys Car Park.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It may well be a tumbledown shack but it still holds more than your new shiny, wonky warehouse!

Ahem.

I think you meant to write "has the CAPACITY to hold more"... HOLDS more is simply wishful thinking chap.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A serious question, gripper. Why was it built wonky? I've heard it was to keep the atmosphere in.

It was part of the planning nonsense. Aswell as being dug into the ground it had to 'mirror the curves of the landscape' or something... Plus it'll look much less wonky once the other seats have gone in (see mock up below)... pretty nice I think you agree?

amextest.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yes, look back a page.

Good news. Hopefully they are getting tickets back from sponsors and corporate that aren't using them. I hope it happens more often.

Edited to add: the Palace game and Leeds Game have now disappeared from the ticket website.

So how did they announce that they had more on sale or was it just luck that you checked the online ticket site?

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Good news. Hopefully they are getting tickets back from sponsors and corporate that aren't using them. I hope it happens more often.

Edited to add: the Palace game and Leeds Game have now disappeared from the ticket website.

So how did they announce that they had more on sale or was it just luck that you checked the online ticket site?

I saw the comment by somebody else and got the tickets as fast as I possibly could. Pure chance really!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I saw the comment by somebody else and got the tickets as fast as I possibly could. Pure chance really!

Are they in close proximity to the South Stand ? If so , well done to the club to get additional Nigel baiters in that section.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I was lucky - I forgot what date the tickets went on general sale, so just went onine early this afternoon, saw they were available, and contacted my brother (in Hastings) to see if he wanted to come. I had been intending popping down to the club shop in Queens Road after work (as I work just round the corner) to save myself the booking fee - until I saw there were only about 14 seats left! A swift online booking later, and a very chuffed brother was expressing his joy on Facebook.

Two of my brothers have been long-time BHA fans, but for me as an admittedly less seasoned fan, this is going to be my first Seagulls - Palace Derby match, so really looking forward to it. Particularly since I'm concerned that I might miss out on the Liverpool match as I only have 50 loyalty points (60 loyalty points needed from Monday, any purchase history from Wednesday - so fingers crossed, and straight online Wednesday morning before work!)

So, for those of you that have experienced many such big matches before - which do you consider to be the bigger match? BHA v Liverpool in the League Cup, or BHA v Palace in the Championship?

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
I was lucky - I forgot what date the tickets went on general sale, so just went onine early this afternoon, saw they were available, and contacted my brother (in Hastings) to see if he wanted to come. I had been intending popping down to the club shop in Queens Road after work (as I work just round the corner) to save myself the booking fee - until I saw there were only about 14 seats left! A swift online booking later, and a very chuffed brother was expressing his joy on Facebook.

Two of my brothers have been long-time BHA fans, but for me as an admittedly less seasoned fan, this is going to be my first Seagulls - Palace Derby match, so really looking forward to it. Particularly since I'm concerned that I might miss out on the Liverpool match as I only have 50 loyalty points (60 loyalty points needed from Monday, any purchase history from Wednesday - so fingers crossed, and straight online Wednesday morning before work!)

So, for those of you that have experienced many such big matches before - which do you consider to be the bigger match? BHA v Liverpool in the League Cup, or BHA v Palace in the Championship?

BHA v Palarse for me. Atmosphere will be electric and will be great giving them London chavs some stick

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm not going as it is my little boy's 4th birthday that day a bit too young to introduce him to the palarse scum so will have to settle to listening at home.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Get yourself a ticket for Leicester or Bristol and you'll have 60 shiny loyalty points (unless you've already bought them, in which case as you were)

They are both massive matches for different reasons, but while the Liverpool game will get more media attention and a bigger crowd (just) - there's only one game that I couldn't miss this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here