BHA January transfer watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That is my point we DID NOT have 2 championship left backs we had 1 first choice and 2 versatile defenders who could fill in in an emergency but not for as long as Bong was going to be out.plus a reserve left back who CH had decided wasnt good enough, he is the one who should have been replaced not wait until Bong was injured.

But we did. When we brought rosenier CH said he could and was brought to play at RB and LB. Rosenier could have played the entire period Bong was out. He played there in the PL and a cup final for god sake. Chicksen was not part of the plan hence being out on loan. He is not the 2nd choice left back He's not even 3rd choice. He is back as we have 4 yes 4 defenders fit. Ridgewell is not a replacement he is a stop gap until either our 1st or 2nd choice return. Currently it looks as if Bong our 1st choice will be fit before Rosenier our 2nd choice is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We seem to be going around in circles as I have my view and others have their nobody can say who is correct so pehaps it is time to pull out and leave it.

Over 98% of Brighton fans disagree with you, yet i love the fact that you still believe they are all wrong and you are right, and that as you stated earlier, they will all see the light given time :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We seem to be going around in circles as I have my view and others have their nobody can say who is correct so pehaps it is time to pull out and leave it.

I'm sorry, I misread the title thread. I though it said BG January transfer watch. :rock::wink:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Over 98% of Brighton fans disagree with you, yet i love the fact that you still believe they are all wrong and you are right, and that as you stated earlier, they will all see the light given time :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

He does that on every bloody thread when he's proved wrong, which is pretty much every one he's on

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
When before this season did we have 1 very good left back, 1 defensive player who can play left back at a very high level, and had done at Premier League level, and a third defensive player who is adequate in the position to cover? Last season? (Bennett, Calde, Chicksen) - No, 2013/4 (Ward, Calde, Chicksen culminating in Ward playing at CB at the Derby debacle) - No, 2012/3 (Bridge, Calde) - No... Shall I go on? What seems to be beyond understanding here is that we probably have the strongest depth at Left Back this season than we have for years!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When before this season did we have 1 very good left back, 1 defensive player who can play left back at a very high level, and had done at Premier League level, and a third defensive player who is adequate in the position to cover? Last season? (Bennett, Calde, Chicksen) - No, 2013/4 (Ward, Calde, Chicksen culminating in Ward playing at CB at the Derby debacle) - No, 2012/3 (Bridge, Calde) - No... Shall I go on? What seems to be beyond understanding here is that we probably have the strongest depth at Left Back this season than we have for years!

Noooo, CH has royally f*****d up, don't you understand ? We were nailed on for automatic promotion until he ruined EVERYTHING. Either he should have made sure we had 3 PL ready LBs at the start of the season (and every other position, obviously) or spunked millions on loan fees a couple of months ago because Rosenior is patently not a capable left back and Calde is a liability. Duh !!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.

Unfair. He can only play the cards available to him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I do sit here sometimes and think "Seriously? How have people not just ignored him yet?"

Possibly because:
1. He makes people realise how lucky they are.
2. People in a strange way might be amused by it all. I thought the "CH has blown it" quote was so ridiculous it was funny.
3. Some people deliberately don't ignore other posters, certainly not just because one disagrees with them. It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports