Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA fans giving up booze for Cancer Research

Lush

Mods' Pet
As mentioned on the other thread ...

The team page is here: - - Dryathlon

Pick your favourite dry athlete and type their name in the box to donate.

(BTW ignore that rubbish about a Golden Pass, no-one on the team is doing that - it's cheating as far as we're concerned)

A massive thank you to Bozza and everyone.

I've been working with Cancer Research UK recently and the research scientists know 100% that they CAN beat cancer, particularly with the latest genetic research. They will be able to diagnose it faster and more easily, prevent it spreading and even stop it starting in the first place.

Every donation brings that day closer. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
We've just SMASHED through the £3500 barrier, which is absolutely brilliant. I'm so proud of each and every one of us and eternally grateful to everyone who's taken the time to sponsor us.

We're currently THIRD in the country, which is also brilliant!

Lush

Mods' Pet
We are now the BHA Bovril Drinkers, in a brazen attempt to raise more funds. We're still THIRD in the country but others are catching up.

Anything you can spare will help make this dry old month go a little quicker - as well as helping research beat cancer sooner.

- Dryathlon

Lush

Mods' Pet
So it's the last 6 days, and not a man or woman among us has wavered.

As you're celebrating our great FA Cup performance or drowning the sorrows caused by losing to a deflected goal, spare a thought for the BHA Bovril Drinkers nursing a bovril or orange juice.

If you can spare even £1 to help us get back up to third place, it would be really appreciated.

Thank you lovely people.

- Dryathlon

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Am amazed that you've all made it thus far and I'll be making a donation next payday (Thursday).

Mind you, am abit annoyed about you lot. Seems Albion must have cut down their beer order, with the slump in sales this month, and it was hard to find any after the match!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Thought it would be good to let you know how my Dryathlon month has gone, after such a generous donation from NSC. Too often you never hear anything about how the event went!

I found it quite tough at first, particularly breaking the glass or two of wine at home in the evenings habit, but after about a week I really didn't miss it. It was tricky attending events like meals out with friends and not having a drink. I don't tend to drink pre-match and post-match it wasn't too hard to choose to warm up with a Bovril rather than nurse a cold beer.

To be honest I really haven't missed it too much, and I'm hoping it will be the start of a general cutting down.

Thank you all for your generous sponsorship in aid of Cancer Research UK, a charity close to our hearts on NSC. If you want to make a final 'well done' donation to the BHA Bovril Drinkers it would be very much appreciated. - Dryathlon

We're still doing pretty well on the national league table (5th!), although have fallen behind some big corporates. Teams - Dryathlon – Cancer Research UK

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
well done to all involved. knowing most of you personally, I realise how much of an effort it was for a few of you
Just hope all the donations were enough to spur you on.

I am however looking forward to us all having a BEER after the games in the WSL instead of BOVRIL :smile:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Donation made, had to keep it 'in the family' but well done to all the team.

The BHA Bovril Drinkers have now raised a staggering £4,776! A massive THANK YOU to everyone that's sponsored us so far. However, for some ridiculous reason I have decided to remain dry until we reach £5,000.

Our team page, where you can choose your sponsee(?) is here: - Dryathlon, otherwise my personal page is at Steve Valder is fundraising for Cancer Research UK.

Please don't make me suffer for much longer! :smile:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great work Steve. The profits for pikey pisswater like Fosters and Carlsberg must be taking a right hammering with you off the sauce for so long. Cheers :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here