Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA fans giving up booze for Cancer Research

A group of Albion fans, the NSP Bovril Drinkers, are taking part in the Cancer Research 'Dryathlon'. The aim is to go through the whole of January without touching a drop of alcohol.

So far we've raised over £1,100 and are currently the 11th highest fund-raising team in the country. The next target is to break into the top ten, and any spare pennies you can donate would be massively appreciated. My personal page is Steve Valder is fundraising for Cancer Research UK, and the team page is at - Dryathlon.

THANKS!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nice one Steve...i have given up alcohol for the next couple of months to loose some weight before easter

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a good cause gang, I don't drink booze, so I am only drinking water and milk during January, and it is VERY very dull (fortunately reflecting my personality).

I am sure many of us have been affected by cancer.

Please give anything you can

EP

xx

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There's a long time between now & Feb and if I give too early you may fall off the waggon so I'll drink to you at the January Amex games just to test the resolve of the team and then i'll donate at the end!

Besides, somebody needs to save the bar takings at the Amex!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's a fantastic achievement given that the people concerned can't organise a sock drawer let alone getting a team in the top ten fundraisers nationally. I know times are hard and it's a long, long month before payday but it's for a great cause so if you can spare a quid or two that would really be appreciated, thanks.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
It's a good cause gang, I don't drink booze, so I am only drinking water and milk during January, and it is VERY very dull (fortunately reflecting my personality).

I am sure many of us have been affected by cancer.

Please give anything you can

EP

xx

I was wondering why you were included in the group going dry.

Really impressed by this - giving up booze is a diddle compared to this! Will but you a water at Blackburn.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
An INCREDIBLE thank you to BOZZA for his donation of £1,250 to the Bovril squad. I'm speechless.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great stuff bozza.

Still going and now lost 6.5lbs since NYD.

Woooohoooo.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Wow what a donation!

If it makes any difference, I'm off the booze until February too - so there's another reason to donate to these guys.

Fur Cough

Having had the pleasure of meeting a few of the Bovril Dry-athletes, I can only say this is a MONUFUCKINGMENTAL effort by possibly the only group of people I've ever encountered who drink more than I do.

Well done [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here