Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHA are BOTTOM of the table in set piece goals

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have scored 4 headed goals this season. Off the top of my head (HAH!) I can think of the two Mitoma ones vs Wolves and Muff, both of which were from open play, as was Fergusons at Leicester. Can't think of the other one.

This is just below average. Spurs lead the way with 13 headers, then Fulham with 11 (surprised they're not scared to use their heads). Then you're down to 7's with Liverpool and City. Leicester and Wolves prop things up with 1 apiece, and West Ham with 2, but they're just generally shite all round anyway.

So we're not the worst in that respect, but I don't think any of our headers came from corners, unless the one I forgot did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Approximately* 66.667% of the EPL sides are bottom of the league for at least one statistic. The trick is to identify the ones that matter, if you are in the business of looking for something to fix. Or boo. Boo. BOO!

*Well, when I say approximately . . .. .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I guess it depends on how that average is split out across the team.
When our aerial target is one of 2 centrebacks, it's easier to defend than 3 or 4.
Then perhaps we need to be smarter with our movement, in losing the markers and / or getting across the defender and finding that bit of space (and of course the deliverer hitting it).

Its got to the stage now where I get quite annoyed when I see other teams on telly plant in a header from a corner kick, just from making a darting run to meet the ball. Why can't WE do that ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We have scored 4 headed goals this season. Off the top of my head (HAH!) I can think of the two Mitoma ones vs Wolves and Muff, both of which were from open play, as was Fergusons at Leicester. Can't think of the other one.

This is just below average. Spurs lead the way with 13 headers, then Fulham with 11 (surprised they're not scared to use their heads). Then you're down to 7's with Liverpool and City. Leicester and Wolves prop things up with 1 apiece, and West Ham with 2, but they're just generally shite all round anyway.

So we're not the worst in that respect, but I don't think any of our headers came from corners, unless the one I forgot did.
Lallana vs Saints -- again from open play. Should have been saved.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Blimey some people just want to moan about anything
The type that think The glass half empty, with a potential crack or stress fracture that could cause a leak and make it even more empty, or is that little bubble actually a hole and everythings seeping away . .we're doomed! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here