Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beware if upgrade in the Lower West

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the contrary surely that is exactly when the time is right for a long standing supporter to say, hang on. I am not a "20 minuter".

If you don't understand this dynamic you know absolutely **** all about customer service...........
Poor service is poor service, and needs to be dealt with, as is the case here.
Are you saying The Insider would have acted differently had the OP just been to his second game?

If, for example, the OP had contacted the club asking for some lounge treatment and parking for a special one off occasion then by all means, he's earned his stripes and he should use them.
If the request was honoured then that would be customer service.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Poor service is poor service, and needs to be dealt with, as is the case here.
Are you saying The Insider would have acted differently had the OP just been to his second game?

If, for example, the OP had contacted the club asking for some lounge treatment and parking for a special one off occasion then by all means, he's earned his stripes and he should use them.
If the request was honoured then that would be customer service.

You said previously that the OPs history was "totally irelevant" and now you provide an example where it isn't.

What is to be.............totally irrelevant or not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You said previously that the OPs history was "totally irelevant" and now you provide an example where it isn't.

What is to be.............totally irrelevant or not?
Following on from Hawk saying it was irrelevant.
It was and is totally irrelevant in the point he was making, because that is what we were discussing.

Clearly you needed an example of when 'there's a time and place to puff your chest out with pride'.

When something is said in direct reference to a specific situation, it doesn't necessarily mean it covers ALL situations.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Following on from Hawk saying it was irrelevant.
It was and is totally irrelevant in the point he was making, because that is what we were discussing.

Clearly you needed an example of when 'there's a time and place to puff your chest out with pride'.

When something is said in direct reference to a specific situation, it doesn't necessarily mean it covers ALL situations.

Oh I see, you are the paragon of fan protocol and when it is and is not relevant to indicate to the club that you are a long standing supporter or not.........feel free to set out the framework, I may need it in future.

You also said that the OP's history only gave him (in this case as we now know) a "meaningless sense of self importance".

Dear Pot, yours sincerely Kettle........springs to mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I see, you are the paragon of fan protocol and when it is and is not relevant to indicate to the club that you are a long standing supporter or not.........feel free to set out the framework, I may need it in future.

You also said that the OP's history only gave him (in this case as we now know) a "meaningless sense of self importance".

Dear Pot, yours sincerely Kettle........springs to mind.
Nice, you now seem to be showing all the class of someone pointing to his long service medals, alluding to being better than other fans, when he has been wronged.

You still didn't answer the question:-

Are you saying The Insider would/should have acted differently had the OP just been to his second game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You still didn't answer the question:-

Are you saying The Insider would/should have acted differently had the OP just been to his second game?

No, ok, well I'm off to bed now, hopefully you'll get to that in the morning.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OP As pointed out on here earlier you didn't really need to do anything as it's the same light for seniors and u18s and also not much difference in price anyway..

The ticket office overcharged my under 10 daughter more than £150 for her season ticket last year and it took weeks to correct their error, many calls and emails. And then to cap it all they overcharged her again for the play-off game. Alas you have to keep a close eye on what the ticket office are about these days.

Fair play that the club corrected the OP's problem but it does seem a weird one for the ticket office employee to make, you wonder if it's a policy that's been discussed but not implemented yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that irrespective of everything that has been mentioned on this thread, we need to realise one thing ...

That from the moment we kicked off in our first game at the Amex against Doncaster Rovers two summers ago, we started supporting a whole different club. Now that we have hit the 'big time', the dynamics have changed. We no longer support a 'family' club which is as close to it's fan base as it once was. Money is now God, and in some ways that is only to be expected. Football is big business now, and it would seem the Club are trying to maximise every potential revenue stream. Thus the whole 'I've supported this Club since 1901' argument no longer holds any water. Harsh maybe but true.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think that irrespective of everything that has been mentioned on this thread, we need to realise one thing ...

That from the moment we kicked off in our first game at the Amex against Doncaster Rovers two summers ago, we started supporting a whole different club. Now that we have hit the 'big time', the dynamics have changed. We no longer support a 'family' club which is as close to it's fan base as it once was. Money is now God, and in some ways that is only to be expected. Football is big business now, and it would seem the Club are trying to maximise every potential revenue stream. Thus the whole 'I've supported this Club since 1901' argument no longer holds any water. Harsh maybe but true.

And the sooner people realise that the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here