Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beware if upgrade in the Lower West

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
My son cant go tomorrow -North East Corner - so called Weds and upgraded his ST for an adult - paid difference only

I don't think it's a mistake. I certainly didn't go quietly. He continued to emphasis , was I aware the Lower West C was priority . Therefore I had to pay in full without the difference .

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think it's a mistake. I certainly didn't go quietly. He continued to emphasis , was I aware the Lower West C was priority . Therefore I had to pay in full without the difference .

Bet you're kicking yourself now that you didn't say "no I was not aware the lower west C was priority".

(Sorry Bladders got there first)

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
PFJ - I have checked with the ticket office and they have made an error. Apologies. Please call them (probably best on Tuesday) and they will arrange a refund of the difference.

As a general point: If the club enforced the T&Cs, then strictly speaking STs are non-transferable; however requests to upgrade for use by friends and family (but not re-sale) can be made to the ticket office.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
PFJ - I have checked with the ticket office and they have made an error. Apologies. Please call them (probably best on Tuesday) and they will arrange a refund of the difference.

As a general point: If the club enforced the T&Cs, then strictly speaking STs are non-transferable; however requests to upgrade for use by friends and family (but not re-sale) can be made to the ticket office.

:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, once again the club isn't an ogre trying screw over genuine Gillingham season ticket holders, it's just fallible.

If only there was some kind of clue in all it's other dealing with the fans.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sounds like a ticket office cock- up rather than a matter of pre-determined policy. Also shows how quickly some people want to get at Barber when, as other threads have identified, he is only doing what he's been asked to do by the quite rightly untouchable one.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I have no idea, that was just my instant reaction as to a reason for the policy, assuming it is and not just a mistake.

For what it's worth I agree with you.
But I do fail to see what being a S/T holder in 1983 has to do do with it.

Being a season ticket holder since 1983 provides context, if true, it amply demonstrates a meaningful commitment to the Albion cause.

With so many new fans having rushed to the colours this information helps the reader to discern who has been there in the pre Amex era, and who may of not.

There are plenty of fans about who used to support teams like Arsenal who now earnestly support the Albion.............only time will tell.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Being a season ticket holder since 1983 provides context, if true, it amply demonstrates a meaningful commitment to the Albion cause.

With so many new fans having rushed to the colours this information helps the reader to discern who has been there in the pre Amex era, and who may of not.

There are plenty of fans about who used to support teams like Arsenal who now earnestly support the Albion.............only time will tell.

Its irrelevant at the end of the day, an Albion fan was overcharged massively - which thankfully is a mistake and can now all be sorted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Totally irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if a fan has supported the club since 1901 or yesterday.

A mistake was made and it will be rectified.

All it does is provide the OP with a meaningless sense of self importance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nothing ever surprises me anymore with this lot

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nothing ever surprises me anymore with this lot

No, I quite agree. It was quite extraordinary for a member of the clubs staff to pick up this comment on the internet after office hours on a Friday evening, check out the details, resolve the problem and communicate back to the person concerned. Unbelievable. :nono:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well yet again it seems to depend on luck of the draw as to who you get to speak to on the ticket line.

The answer may be that if you arn't happy with what you are being told and think it is wrong, to phone back later and hopefully get someone different on the line.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

The inevitable conclusion, and once again we see the value of having a club representative on the forum. No fuss, no drama, just a resolution. Fair play Insider.

People make mistakes, it's human nature. It is the resolution that makes the difference.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No, I quite agree. It was quite extraordinary for a member of the clubs staff to pick up this comment on the internet after office hours on a Friday evening, check out the details, resolve the problem and communicate back to the person concerned. Unbelievable. :nono:

Agree with that.

Mistake made and will be rectified.

So the club do stilL read NSC, I hope the 1901 food thread comments have been passed on.....

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
In my experience the BHA ticket line is the most inconsistent call centre I've come across. As has been pointed out, call again and you are likely to get a different response.

I've not actually tried it, but I've noticed when I go in with my son with his U16 season ticket, the orange light comes on, but once when I went with my Dad when he had a Senior ticket, the exact same light comes on. I guess the orange light just signifies some kind of concession, without specifying which. Might have gotten away with a Senior using a Junior ticket.

Oh I think you have a point.
But fans can't be expected to take responsibility for the Club installing less than effective equipment at the gates. We do have a responsibility, though, to be honest in our transactions.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Totally irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if a fan has supported the club since 1901 or yesterday.

A mistake was made and it will be rectified.

All it does is provide the OP with a meaningless sense of self importance.

Notwithstanding the mistake I couldn't disagree more............as the reaction of many on this board to the news of the recent tragic death of Roy Chuter demonstrated.

Whilst supporting the Albion is not a competition, it is nevertheless a fact that many fans have been committed to the cause longer than others, and have invested more than many of the recent newcomers.

I accept new blood is needed, and also that the club cannot make accommodations for longer standing fans, however, as a context in matters such as this it is definitely not meaningless.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
QUOTE=Insider;5901592]PFJ - I have checked with the ticket office and they have made an error. Apologies. Please call them (probably best on Tuesday) and they will arrange a refund of the difference.

As a general point: If the club enforced the T&Cs, then strictly speaking STs are non-transferable; however requests to upgrade for use by friends and family (but not re-sale) can be made to the ticket office.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Insider ,No harm done .I sent an email from my work email address on Friday ,so I expect the resolution when I return back on Tuesday.Also sorry to the guy in the ticket office who may have endured some mild sarcasm .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Notwithstanding the mistake I couldn't disagree more............as the reaction of many on this board to the news of the recent tragic death of Roy Chuter demonstrated.

Whilst supporting the Albion is not a competition, it is nevertheless a fact that many fans have been committed to the cause longer than others, and have invested more than many of the recent newcomers.

I accept new blood is needed, and also that the club cannot make accommodations for longer standing fans, however, as a context in matters such as this it is definitely not meaningless.
Of course there's a time and place to puff your chest out with pride.

To be Albion through and through.
To have the club in your DNA.
To bleed blue and white.

But that time is not when complaining about poor service, or not getting a ticket 2 weeks after release, or queuing for a train, and so on.

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Of course there's a time and place to puff your chest out with pride.

To be Albion through and through.
To have the club in your DNA.
To bleed blue and white.

But that time is not when complaining about poor service, or not getting a ticket 2 weeks after release, or queuing for a train, and so on.

On the contrary surely that is exactly when the time is right for a long standing supporter to say, hang on. I am not a "20 minuter".

If you don't understand this dynamic you know absolutely **** all about customer service...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here