Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best tweets with a #cpfc hashtag

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mean, he could always NOT GO.

I hate going to Selhurst, absolute tip, terrible view, abysmal location of the women's toilets, and the very slow corral back to the station afterwards. But I choose to go. I'm not going to WHINE about it. I might mock the shed of a stadium and the fact that you can't see the other side of the pitch if you're more than about ten rows back in the Arthur Wait, but I'm not tweeting everybody pitifully about it, looking for sympathy. Especially not when my team goes home with nul points and I just look like a sore loser.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
'Surrounds us with home fans'
Shocking.

What exactly do they expect when they go to an away match.
"Surrounds us with cameramen": funny that, given the criminal damage they've previously caused (ripping down the Albion player banners around the outside of the West Stand)

Even stranger that they were happy enough to film themselves doing it and post on social media, but object to the police doing the same.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I hate going to Selhurst, absolute tip, terrible view, abysmal location of the women's toilets, and the very slow corral back to the station afterwards. But I choose to go. I'm not going to WHINE about it. I might mock the shed of a stadium and the fact that you can't see the other side of the pitch if you're more than about ten rows back in the Arthur Wait, but I'm not tweeting everybody pitifully about it, looking for sympathy. Especially not when my team goes home with nul points and I just look like a sore loser.
And I choose not to go. For all those reasons (except location of women's toilets, which I am neutral on*). Plus of course, I'd be surrounded by home fans. Which I suspect would be horrible.

* deliberately put this in for all those wags that still find jokes about trans people hilarious - fill your boots)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It's all our fault that it rained.

20 minutes! Not a whole 20 minutes!? The alternative being you let them roam free & chaos ensues. Unfortunately if your fans are going to act like children then you’ll be treated as such. Same goes for us when at their ground. The flip side of that is that I was 20/30 minutes later to the ground while palace fans jumped the queue & were put onto the train from falmer ahead of us, so swings & roundabouts really in terms of being held up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And I choose not to go. For all those reasons (except location of women's toilets, which I am neutral on*). Plus of course, I'd be surrounded dedicated by home fans. Which I suspect would be horrible.

* deliberately put this in for all those wags that still find jokes about trans people hilarious - fill your boots)
Ha, my issue with the toilets at Selhurst is that they're right in the corner next to the bar, which means that to get to them, you have to push through crowds of hundreds of people queuing to get food and drink, or waiting for mates in the queue. The men's is bad enough, but the women's is really stuck in the corner.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually

I like the cut of your jib (y)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's all our fault that it rained.

Pathetic, go on Ollie "make" your video the best you can, because from that photo, judging by the light from the lamppost no rain. I can also see about 4 police & a similar amount of fans above you, hardly surrounded are you...
When you have finished editing your video, I am sure it will be a masterpiece, up there with Rorke's Drift....

Muppet

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Maybe they could avoid it by not acting like complete dickheads every time they turn up?
Exactly… behave like children get treated as such. In previous meetings we have seen fans breaking into the stadium, damaging property within and around the stadium, bringing banned items into the ground (flares/bangers/smoke bombs), and aggressive behaviour towards home fans. We will have our share of knobheads but it’s easier to hold 2000 away fans behind at a game rather than 30000 home fans. & with behaviour as described WHAT THE f*** DO U EXPECT!? It’s a bit shit when decent fans get caught up in it but unfortunately a necessary evil, and is exactly the same treatment when we visit Croydon. It’ll also be the same in any rivalry game around the country so these Palace fans really need to stop playing the victim card here. There may be some circumstances when police have overstepped the mark but mostly they’re just following orders and trying to control a volatile situation. If you don’t like it then don’t go or have a word with fellow fans about behaviour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And I choose not to go. For all those reasons (except location of women's toilets, which I am neutral on*). Plus of course, I'd be surrounded by home fans. Which I suspect would be horrible.

My last visit was the 5-0, followed by being directed 180 degrees away from where we were parked by leering policemen on horseback, followed by walking a gauntlet of spotty oaves running around trying to find a Brighton supporter to punch. Somehow the thickies missed us (me and my son). Probably because I looked at the time like geography teacher. Or probation officer. Never again.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Exactly… behave like children get treated as such. In previous meetings we have seen fans breaking into the stadium, damaging property within and around the stadium, bringing banned items into the ground (flares/bangers/smoke bombs), and aggressive behaviour towards home fans. We will have our share of knobheads but it’s easier to hold 2000 away fans behind at a game rather than 30000 home fans. & with behaviour as described WHAT THE f*** DO U EXPECT!? It’s a bit shit when decent fans get caught up in it but unfortunately a necessary evil, and is exactly the same treatment when we visit Croydon. It’ll also be the same in any rivalry game around the country so these Palace fans really need to stop playing the victim card here. There may be some circumstances when police have overstepped the mark but mostly they’re just following orders and trying to control a volatile situation. If you don’t like it then don’t go or have a word with fellow fans about behaviour.
That's unkind to children. Quite frankly they have a feral element and everyone knows who they are.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Less talented?!

Mitoma leaves more talent in the toilet bowl every morning than their entire team has ever had.
Ayew and Zaha are their only players who have any real football nous.... I would have either or both of them in our squad, ... although Zaha would need to stop crying.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Not sure why we even worried about these no hopers. They are history now, Brentford and Fulham are our biggest threats/rivals.
Palace can play with Millwall's and QPRs from now on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here