Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best team won

Tunny Wells CP

May 27, 2011
What a wretched day. Cold, wet and soundly beaten. Ironically it was your wingers that caused us so much havoc. Bravo and well done for also raising the roof -was impressed by the atmosphere (I also went last year and thought it was poor, so it was interesting to heare noise coming from all three sides.)

3 bloody nil - like being back at the Gallstone...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There are a heck of a lot of decent Palace people. I know this. Nice piece on the REMF today in the match programme achieved in a huge part to CPFC fans so respect for that, always.

Totally agree with you we had Palace fans on our coach and carried on drinking together after the game in Savannah how ever we gave them friendly stick as they gave to us last time. We also support what the REMF does and hope to bring a mixed group to the dripping pan, it's usually a great night great cause . Anyone who has visited the New York site and seen Roberts name on the memorial would support this cause. Lets make this a big event this year.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I was extremely annoyed when i posted last night and on reflection the police weren't that bad.

As for the game.

If it wasn't for a brilliant save from Kuszczak (Upson header) and another from a Parr shot, then we could have be 2-0 up. But Brighton found our weak spot and hit it hard. Got 2 good quick goals from it and then we fell apart. Holloway made some bizarre half time subs and we looked ****. Then he moved our best player into CB. Zaha is going to get a massive wake up call if he thinks he can be that lazy under Ferguson.

Brighton played some great football and as i said found our weak spot.

Would ****ing hate it if we played you in the Play-offs but i can see us coming 3rd/4th and you 5th/6th.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was extremely annoyed when i posted last night and on reflection the police weren't that bad.

As for the game.

If it wasn't for a brilliant save from Kuszczak (Upson header) and another from a Parr shot, then we could have be 2-0 up. But Brighton found our weak spot and hit it hard. Got 2 good quick goals from it and then we fell apart. Holloway made some bizarre half time subs and we looked ****. Then he moved our best player into CB. Zaha is going to get a massive wake up call if he thinks he can be that lazy under Ferguson.

Brighton played some great football and as i said found our weak spot.

Would ****ing hate it if we played you in the Play-offs but i can see us coming 3rd/4th and you 5th/6th.

U mean the weak effort from Parr? If our player had did this etc ..All if buts and maybes ..but good to c u change yur mind over the plod

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
U mean the weak effort from Parr? All if buts and maybes ..but good to c u change yur mind over the plod

Sorry didn't mean he made a brilliant save from the Parr shot, i meant he made another save. Was a **** shot from Parr. As you say all if and buts, but Brighton took their chances and we didn't.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I thought Palace were the better team in the first half, and the goal came against the run of play. But that happens - and they collapsed. Happily surprised, because they are a lot better than we saw today.

But who cares, we owed them a drubbing, that has exorcised a few demons and now we can all get 'sensible' about the rest of the fixture list.

I can't believe that is the first time in almost 25 years we have beaten them at home in the league. I am from the era when it was an annual treat on Boxing Day, seven home wins in a row I think.

I agree, the first goal changed the game.

Palace should be applauded for coming down and giving it a go, going toe to toe, rather than sitting 10 behind the ball like 95% of teams that come to the Amex.

The best team did win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apparently not which makes his sub strange, unless Holloway knew it was game over and wanted to keep him fresh. (Had a few injury problems)

Surprised me wen he was subbed ..is there a little unrest in the camp? There was a lot of bickering between players..I wonder how thy rate Holloway as against Freedman ..and is Zaha really all there ..last weeks finger incident and knowing he's off to Utd

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
And to the "lad" (white jacket) who was giving it all game, without trying to sound harsh, maybe your trip to hospital will teach you a lesson.

Lets have it right, you are saying your lot have since put the Brighton fan in the white jacket in hospital?

or maybe NOT.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What a great day for the Albion! You have to be getting past your sell by date to remember a comfortable win against Palace.
Gus deserves credit for getting the tactics right, being positive and using the whole pitch.
Good to beat Palace but as a club I have far more respect for them than the likes of Blackburn, Bolton and the rest of the parachute payment mob. Of the top 6 clubs they have spent less than the others and having so many loan players at Watford is not good for the game.
After watching to the dismal end the 0-5 and 0-3 games at Selhurst, yesterday was great.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Taking Williams off was bizarre unless he was injured - he looked the most likely to cause us problems by far, much like the game last year, great little player. Zaha is probably the most skilful player I've seen live in terms of tricks and close control, but he's so obsessed with trying to make a defender look silly he never gets his head up and plays a simple pass - something I imagine Ferguson will coach out of him very quickly. He looked threatening but never produced a decent ball - in hindsight his reputation probably went before him. Good player but selfish.

Jedinak was big and strong but nothing compared to Bridcutt in terms of class - and their full backs were just terrible, Kaz hasn't had such an easy game since Portsmouth. I went into the game very pessimistic but in the end it was embarrassingly easy. Had a smile on my face for ages, this is the best Monday at work I've ever had. Murray who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here