Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best team won

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought the match was similar to Southampton at home last season.

We were probably second best for most of the first half, but once we scored the game changed and the opposition had no ideas what to do, and we won 3-0.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought the match was similar to Southampton at home last season.

We were probably second best for most of the first half, but once we scored the game changed and the opposition had no ideas what to do, and we won 3-0.

They were in it in the first half but I can't remember them looking dangerous or creating a real chance whereas we got in behind them quite often. I never thought the win was in doubt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fair play to OP, taken it on the chin as we have several times recently

Fair play to OP, taken it on the chin as we have several times recently

Perhaps living down here and my old age has mellowed me down, I will admit Brighton looked shlt hot today and if you can carry that on you will make the play offs easily.

Lots of hard (very hard games for you tho) our only saving grace is Watford,Hull both lost so its as it was with us being within 3 points of the top two:wink:

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
In the late 70s me and a mate went to the goldstone i was 14 it was an all tkt game we had none. We were sitting on a wall in front of those houses next to side terrace a copper came over and said you lads palace we said yeah he then pulled out two tkts from under one of his gloves and give em to us you dont get coppers like that anymore. I listened to the game on radio today the albion walked it oh well there you go.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Perhaps living down here and my old age has mellowed me down, I will admit Brighton looked shlt hot today and if you can carry that on you will make the play offs easily.

Lots of hard (very hard games for you tho) our only saving grace is Watford,Hull both lost so its as it was with us being within 3 points of the top two:wink:
Agree mate, but are there any easy games in the champ? We have to play Forest Boro Leeds Leicester. So if we beat 1 away and beat both at home (Amex fortress) then we can steam into the play offs

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't know the name of the stand, but he spent every second of the match looking at us making slit throat and other gestures.

Imagine how it must be like to be someone who feels that is the way to be. Such a shame when there is so much in this beautiful world to enjoy.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
In the late 70s me and a mate went to the goldstone i was 14 it was an all tkt game we had none. We were sitting on a wall in front of those houses next to side terrace a copper came over and said you lads palace we said yeah he then pulled out two tkts from under one of his gloves and give em to us you dont get coppers like that anymore. I listened to the game on radio today the albion walked it oh well there you go.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best team won
No doubt.

Brighton wanted it more
It wasn't just about wanting it more, we played better all over the pitch. Zaha looked up for it, we just didn't make clumsy challenges which destroyed his game. Gus understood that Palace's main weakness this season has been a lack of defence, so we attacked and it worked.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Palace were the better team in the first half, and the goal came against the run of play. But that happens - and they collapsed. Happily surprised, because they are a lot better than we saw today.

But who cares, we owed them a drubbing, that has exorcised a few demons and now we can all get 'sensible' about the rest of the fixture list.

I can't believe that is the first time in almost 25 years we have beaten them at home in the league. I am from the era when it was an annual treat on Boxing Day, seven home wins in a row I think.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Captain sensible i knew him he was a croydon punk and palace ha.ha. He played the greyhound croydon with his band the damned. Yep see you in the play offs sonny.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Captain sensible i knew him he was a croydon punk and palace ha.ha. He played the greyhound croydon with his band the damned. Yep see you in the play offs sonny.

It's a nickname from school. You t w @ t

Although I still liked the damned.
I joined this site on 2003 so I know who ray burns is and his music. So sod off back to your mum's tits you wanka!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
better team won on the day, nice to have the bragging rights for once, but its gone now, glad its gone as hopefully this board will go back to be a general discussion board and not a Palace thread board, was getting a joke, anyway, big games coming up, if we dont win some of those bigs ones, then yesterday counts for nothing other than bragging rights.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
i was couple rows behind the guy in the white jacket, i never once saw him do a cut throat gesture, he was a laugh though with the way he reaacted to everyone one of Palace's "near" misses and it pretty much shows how much Palace fans where watching the game if they were noticing him....fair play to you lot for doing a chant saying "Who's the ****** in the white" that got a few laughs from where i was

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Well done Brighton, bar a part of the first half totally outplayed us and made us look ordinary at best. Something very few teams have been able to do. Wasn't able to get a toicket as sold out very early or find any feeds on the net so was limited to radio London. Sounds like we can have no complaints. Also good that there seemed to be no bad decisions by officials and also very little trouble.

Well done Brighton I guess that's honours even this season then.

Polite clap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here