[Football] Best support from away fans at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can’t compare English and foreign atmospheres. Full stop.

I do much prefer English myself though…

abc

Jan 6, 2007
=2) Leeds. Credit where it's due - always loud and good vocal backing.
=2) AEK. Proper loud support.
1) Marseille. Same as AEK but didn't stop all game.

I seriously doubt their fans support will ever be topped. Incredible support IMO.
Recall Wrexham fans being up there with the best

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
This also - there's no humour, no subtlety, no spontaneity, no personality. Just a wall of noise. Impressive for a bit, then really, really boring.
Come off it. I don’t go to a match to enjoy the subtlety, personality and spontaneity of the crowd. I want noise and atmosphere. You might get some humour if you’re in the middle of the North Stand but it’s inaudible where I am, in East Upper. Surely the aim is to make noise to drive on the players, and this is what the fans of AEK, Ajax and Marseille did. Where I sit, the noise and theatrics of the away fans have been as memorable as the football. Stunning at times, and the very opposite of "really really boring."

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I asked on their forum what the song was and they think i'm crazy, asking for the words for yellow submarine in French, oh well, maybe it wasn't??

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I bet they were impressed by the endless renditions of the "Robert De Zerbi" song, the occasional "Sussex by the Sea" and "We are Brighton, Super Brighton". They will be travelling back perplexed at "Three Song Brighton".
Or maybe that just came over as a drone?
At least they showed passion - which was completely lacking until the 88th minute
Not sure where you were but I thought that there was a lot of noise from Albion fans for a lot of the game.
Not consistent almost rehearsed noise from the conducted Marseille fans to be fair but more relevant to the game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Come off it. I don’t go to a match to enjoy the subtlety, personality and spontaneity of the crowd. I want noise and atmosphere. You might get some humour if you’re in the middle of the North Stand but it’s inaudible where I am, in East Upper. Surely the aim is to make noise to drive on the players, and this is what the fans of AEK, Ajax and Marseille did. Where I sit, the noise and theatrics of the away fans have been as memorable as the football. Stunning at times, and the very opposite of "really really boring."
But that’s what I’m saying.

Does noise that has no up or down, and doesn’t change with the match, really inspire?

What theatrics? It was pretty much the same the entire way through.

Noise and atmosphere? Totally agreed. But noise and atmosphere that feels like it has relevance to the match that is unfolding. Marseilles’ noise level had absolutely nothing to do with the match.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
But that’s what I’m saying.

Does noise that has no up or down, and doesn’t change with the match, really inspire?

What theatrics? It was pretty much the same the entire way through.

Noise and atmosphere? Totally agreed. But noise and atmosphere that feels like it has relevance to the match that is unfolding. Marseilles’ noise level had absolutely nothing to do with the match.
Didn't inspire them much either it seems: they were poor throughout and lost

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Comparing the drone of Mareille fans with some of the louder sets of English fans is like comparing your washing machine on a long cycle with your Spotify wrapped.

One of them is longer and louder but it seems mental to think it’s better.

I thoroughly enjoyed our goal putting an abrupt end to all their hopping around.

They were great, but IMO the Athens fans were just on another level in terms of numbers and noise. OK they had more to celebrate, but they were f*cking ridiculous.

I've absolutely LOVED the vibe of the European games at the Amex. The smoke, the atmosphere, the whole "f*ck me, we are playing in EUROPE" sensation. Its been fantastic, and tonight was one of the best ever.

Best. Ever. I'm still absolutely buzzing.

Absolutely this!! It is so unique, love the flares, love the smoke from us. Adds a whole new dimension. It was a real pinch me night on Thursday, still buzzing now even Arse are looking good against us and we are 2bd best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports