[Football] Best support from away fans at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
So some loon at the front with a megaphone, smoking a shed load of weed , letting of flares , and chucking stuff over end of the game and not too mention the homophobic and stabbing gestures
Nice quote from We Are Brighton:
"Marseille have 20 foot long flag poles, a megaphone, flares in the away end. Brenda from Seaford cannot even bring in a bottle top without being arrested"

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I bet they were impressed by the endless renditions of the "Robert De Zerbi" song, the occasional "Sussex by the Sea" and "We are Brighton, Super Brighton". They will be travelling back perplexed at "Three Song Brighton".
Or maybe that just came over as a drone?
At least they showed passion - which was completely lacking until the 88th minute
Well you're a ray of sunshine aren't you.

What were your other half dozen posts about? Bottle tops and queues?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thought the Athens away support was better tbh, louder. Disappointing lack of pyro tho

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Anyone else notice the magnificently noisy Marseille fans were singing By the Waters of Babylon and the Always Ultras one that goes Woa-oah, Crystal Palace?

Would have been lovely to hear the North Stand replying in full voice with ”Merde Crystal Palace, you’re just a Merde Crystal Palace”
A tautology surely?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I sit a block to the left of the halfway line in East Upper, so a bit closer to the away end. The Marseille fans were significantly louder, with the exception of the first few minutes of the game, when I thought the North was great, and the singing actually got taken up by many in the East and West. Best atmosphere since Chelsea, certainly. Maybe it is an acoustics thing but the away end always sounds louder and more passionate, though I know this is partly down to the fact that away fans tend to be more committed, and, let’s face it, drunker than home fans.

I don’t understand the whining about away fans being more choreographed. I see nothing wrong with that. To me that makes the support even more compelling and intimidating. That big banner reading TOUT POUR L'OM summed it all up. They were absolute nutters who would do anything for their team.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I think this thread will prove the acoustics of the Amex are weird. I was sat at the North Stand end of the east and I barely heard them.
Chatted to a Liverpool fan after our match & told him I thought they'd been quiet, he'd almost lost his voice from making lots of noise. I'm in the North too so yes something weird.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone that was close enough to see: did the fans in their front row hold up their banners for the whole game?

I don't see how else they could have been upright, but surely your arms would be giving up pretty quickly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone that was close enough to see: did the fans in their front row hold up their banners for the whole game?

I don't see how else they could have been upright, but surely your arms would be giving up pretty quickly.
Looks like it doesn’t it….although aren’t they draped over something..on a separate note this chap and the guy with a megaphone…I assume they are paid by the club, they saw nothing of the game

IMG_1565.jpeg

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

Yes they did, the entire match apart from HT. they also rather impressively unscrewed a section of seating to create more space, which we saw being passed back in the second half

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I don’t understand the love in for them. I think they’re a bunch of twats. They were still giving it all the stabbing and throat slitting gestures from their buses to bemused shoppers who had just left Aldi on the London Road. Yes, there’s probably a number who are ok, but en masse, they are w@nkers.
That can't be right....Atilla says they are lovely because they are lefties and have nothing but respect for Brighton.....a bit like AEK. Obviously you have to ignore the fact that tear gas was used in both Marseille and Athens because it was done out of respect.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
As in Marseille didn't stop all night,constant noise,fair play ,we never showed up again ,even after dunks rally cry,until we scored zzzzzz

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
f***ing hell if you were impressed by that you would have shit your pants if you went to Marseille. I personally thought they were ok. Better than most English teams for sure but they don’t ever react to the game it’s like f***ing hymn practice.
Yeah, the game's an irrelevance to them. All about the choreography. I find it very pathetic, false, forced, needy. Having said that, the noise over there was pretty impressive

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Looks like it doesn’t it….although aren’t they draped over something..on a separate note this chap and the guy with a megaphone…I assume they are paid by the club, they saw nothing of the game

View attachment 171292
At Palace, the most sought after seats are those where you stand with your back to the pitch and don’t see anything of the game….. on the other hand, you do then have to look at their fans, not sure that’s a better option.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Our STs are in the Upper East but last night me and my son found ourselves under the lounge bit in the lower East/South corner. The Marseille fans were a hoot to be fair. Lots of good natured exchanges and continental gestures that nobody had a clue what they meant. I'm guessing they weren't that complimentary.

Still, hell of a night and fair play to their fans. They brought it.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Not my cup of tea at all that sort of thing. I prefer the explosive bursts that come from specific things in the match.

Rather than watching some proto Nuremberg Rally adjacent to a foot all match.

Them being 'conducted' by some lad in a lacoste trackie is not for me Brian.
I was sat next to them in the ESL (never again - not because of the OM fans but due to the complete lack of effort by Brighton fans there) and they were fecking loud the whole match. However, it got very monotonous and I agree that explosive bursts from the crowd are much more exciting. Couldn't hear the NS, but as others have said The Amex has wonky acoustics...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports