Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best REM song

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think like others 'Everybody hurts' . It is so beautiful but I also dread hearing it at times.

Man on the Moon is tremendous and if you ever watch the Milos Forman directed film of the same name about Andy Kauffman - a role Jim Carey was born to play and so underrated as a movie - it becomes even more poignant.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So many but - Uberlin, Find the river, Electrolite, Losing my religion, Living well is the best revenge, Half a world away, Everybody Hurts, Whats the frequency Kenneth, Perfect Circle, Man on the Moon, It's the end of the world.. An extraordinary band with an amazing back catalogue.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
That one of Green I think it was and I think it's also the singer's favourite as well. You know. It's a reflective type song.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes they lost the plot towards the end, but Stipe and Co were amazing for a long period of their careers.

I will start the ball rolling with.....................World Leader Pretend.

Agree. It's World Leader Pretend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair there is a hell of a lot of choice in quite a rich and varied career.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Another vote for Leaving New York. I'll take the rain and Imitation of life are cracking tunes as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
King of Comedy is a real favourite of mine.

I've just put on their second unplugged session. Opens with All The Way To Reno which is another beautiful song.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another vote for Leaving New York. I'll take the rain and Imitation of life are cracking tunes as well.

Of course, Imitation of Life. Fantastic.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So many but - Uberlin, Find the river, Electrolite, Losing my religion, Living well is the best revenge, Half a world away, Everybody Hurts, Whats the frequency Kenneth, Perfect Circle, Man on the Moon, It's the end of the world.. An extraordinary band with an amazing back catalogue.

Darn I forgot Electrolite....marvellous !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have to throw in Near Wild Heaven as well.

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Sweetness Follows is a beautiful song as is E Bow The Letter and Nightswimming. I also really Stand for some strange reason. Electron Blue is an awesome track too.

I used to know every single word of Automatic For The People back in the day. Best gig I ever went to ws REM at hyde park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here