Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best player against the Albion in the EPL

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The BBC is asking fans of the Premier League team to pick the best opponent that their team has faced. The person picking the Albion's has opted for Ronaldo. This struck me as a strange choice - he scored a good goal against us at OT but I don't recall him tearing us apart.

I'd have chosen Coutinho - who absolutely battered us in Liverpool's 5-1 win here or Hazard - in the days when Chelsea used to beat us. I could also throw in Danny Ings, who always seems to score against us. But Ronaldo .....? Shakes head

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Hazard. What a player he was on his day. Ronaldo has never been special against us. Hazard once beat us on his own inside about ten minutes. The Liverpool performance was overwhelming, but it wasn't Coutinho alone. All of their attackers seemed to be moving in another dimension. Foden was a bit special for some of the game where we beat City 3-2. Mahrez, whether at Leicester or City, often seemed to save his best form for games against us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
John Sheridan playing for Sheffield Wednesday at the Goldstone in 1990.

edit: oh EPL is the Premier League. I’m not sure then, maybe Danny Ings, he always scores against us.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Going to have to be Coutinho for me, was absolutely next level against us.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't honestly remember one since we were promoted to this league,but one performance stands out was that of CMS for Posh at Withdean,It was one of those nights everything he did turned to gold, literally, because we actively started the process to sign him shortly afterwards.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can't honestly remember one since we were promoted to this league,but one performance stands out was that of CMS for Posh at Withdean,It was one of those nights everything he did turned to gold, literally, because we actively started the process to sign him shortly afterwards.

Weirdly I have no recollection of CMS that season. Will Hoskins at Bristol Rovers away… now that’s a performance that sticks in my mind. We won 4-2 but he absolutely tore us apart. Scored two very different goals which were both excellent, we couldn’t get close to him.

Same with Noone at Plymouth away.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The one that always springs to mind when this comes up is Coutinho. I remember thinking "Wow never seen someone so in control of the game." Typically I have never seen him play so well again. It's like my memory of Ray Wilkins. He only seemed to score against us!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The Hazard show stands out, we didn’t get near him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The BBC is asking fans of the Premier League team to pick the best opponent that their team has faced. The person picking the Albion's has opted for Ronaldo. This struck me as a strange choice - he scored a good goal against us at OT but I don't recall him tearing us apart.

I'd have chosen Coutinho - who absolutely battered us in Liverpool's 5-1 win here or Hazard - in the days when Chelsea used to beat us. I could also throw in Danny Ings, who always seems to score against us. But Ronaldo .....? Shakes head
For me, you've picked the best opposition performance at the Amex. Interestingly, I think our best PL performance at the Amex was also in the Liverpool fixture.
Everyone raved about Coutinho in that 5-1 but I thought it was Firmino that ran the show and was utterly devastating. So, if the question is about one performance, I'll go for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here