Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best place to eat out in Mid-Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
n1 gull said:
Jeremys is superb. He's a top bloke as well. I highly recommend it.

Has anybody been to Taylors in Burgess Hill as the girl who owns it used to work at Jeremys and wondered if it was as good.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
BensGrandad said:
I used to take my wife to the Jolly Tanners in Staplefields for a meal quite often because the steaks were good but one day we stood like a pair of stiff pricks in the lower bar waiting to either be served or given a menu whilst the woman! stood chatting in the top bar and then served her 'friends', obviously regulars, when they came in. My wife walked out and vowed never to go back in there again, which we havent but we did go to the Victory as we wanted food and didnt quite know what to expect. The decor wasnt very good but the food was excellent and the beer was ok, will go back again.

The Victory use to be very popular,especially with the old Bill.It's no way as good as it was.Use to be always full in the summer

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're all stars, thank you v.much.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Jeremy's at Borde Hill is top notch as is Ockenden Manor. Gravetye Manor has a michelam star but is a bit stuffy for my liking. Pubs to consider are The Cat Inn (West Hoathly) and The Bull in Ditchling.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
n1 gull said:
Jeremys is superb. He's a top bloke as well. I highly recommend it.

That is very much your opinion, my opinion is the guy is a complete wanker and if he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him I'd pour more petrol!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
BensGrandad said:
I used to take my wife to the Jolly Tanners in Staplefields for a meal quite often because the steaks were good but one day we stood like a pair of stiff pricks in the lower bar waiting to either be served or given a menu whilst the woman! stood chatting in the top bar and then served her 'friends', obviously regulars, when they came in. My wife walked out and vowed never to go back in there again, which we havent but we did go to the Victory as we wanted food and didnt quite know what to expect. The decor wasnt very good but the food was excellent and the beer was ok, will go back again.

When did you last go. If it was last year it was most proberly me that cooked your meal, I used to own The Victory.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
PILTDOWN MAN said:
When did you last go. If it was last year it was most proberly me that cooked your meal, I used to own The Victory.

I'm sure i know you

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
IMO the best restaurant in Mid Sussex is Mansfield in Cuckfield. Its very small and you need to book well in advance for a Friday/Saturday and its expensive but well, well worth it:)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
PILTDOWN MAN said:
IMO the best restaurant in Mid Sussex is Mansfield in Cuckfield. Its very small and you need to book well in advance for a Friday/Saturday and its expensive but well, well worth it:)

Just read you profile.Yep i've met you

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Your quite a large bloke with black or very dark hair.You also drank quite a bit while on duty and you did the cooking as well

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
algie said:
Just read you profile.Yep i've met you

I'm glad I've left my mark:)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
algie said:
Your quite a large bloke with black or very dark hair.You also drank quite a bit while on duty and you did the cooking as well

I believe you're calling me a fat, piss head bastard. I thank you:lolol:

I hasten to add I owned the joint so could do as I wanted!

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
PILTDOWN MAN said:
I believe you're calling me a fat, piss head barstard. I thank you:lolol:

Your not denying it either:wave:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
algie said:

I did only drink in moderation and since leaving to become a pub consultant I hardly drink :down:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When we did talk,you spoke very passionately of the Albion.I'm sure you mentioned a consortium to me at one point.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
algie said:

By the way are you saying its gone down hill since I left, as it was very busy in summer when I had it.:)

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
PILTDOWN MAN said:
By the way are you saying its gone down hill since I left, as it was very busy in summer when I had it.:)

Not knocking you fella.Many moons ago that pub was very popular.People use to go their for the food.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Since i come from around that area i will say since the Half moon has changed hands it has really taken off on the food side.Sadly it's all appears to be the middle class toffs who eat their.I've seen the food and spoken to the locals as i live their and they highly recomend the food.A packed resturant is always a good sign as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here