Best paid player at the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Heard from a "very reliable source" today that the best paid player at the club was Glenn Murray. No surprise there i know. But he said that he was on £3500 a week. Didn't think that sounded like that much. Thought the highest earner would be closer to the 5k mark.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was sure a number of players were on 4k a couple of years back, so surprising if true.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Had feeling players who were released in the summer were the highest earners? Virgo was it?

Most clubs the top striker will be the top earner I'd think

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Heard from a "very reliable source" today that the best paid player at the club was Glenn Murray. No surprise there i know. But he said that he was on £3500 a week. Didn't think that sounded like that much. Thought the highest earner would be closer to the 5k mark.

£182k a year. Not bad...

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Yeah true none of our business. I thought calde too. Just thought it was interesting though. Shows TB isn't going silly paying stupid wages. Think Gus must be on a fair wedge though. Heard Burnley came in for him but he has got a huge buy-out clause in his contract. Good work Bloom.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
In 2006 L1 players earned 70k average per year and a few people have stated that Bobby Z was offered 7k a week before he bailed. If Glenn keeps playing like he is he'll probably be on five figures a week (hopefully with us) in a couple of years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know the club bust the bank and paid Ben Roberts £7K a week but times have changed as Kuipers was on too higher wages so had to go.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
virgo was on 8k at celtic and would only come back here for 4k a week. i would have thought most our players would be on 2 or 3k a week max.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
dont think we would of offered 3.5k a week for a player from rochdale, i seem to remember it being quoted that we had paid him 3 times his 500quid he was earning at rochdale.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd say Casper Ankergren is probably our highest earner on about 6-7k maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports