Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best moment of the day - OSCAR GARCIA coming over to supporters at the final whistle

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really enjoyed that trip yesterday, we did not stop singing and could not really hear anything from the home fans. Nice sign of emotion from Oscar at the end, hopefully we can carry on in similar fashion now.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
We were only ever a supposed stepping stone for Poyet and it was always about him and his ego, despite his good work I never fully bought into the Gus Effect and didnt ever feel he was one of us, this fella Oscar seems to be different and wants to be in our gang, he loves the fans and I get a real sense that he wants his tenure to be about a collective 'Us' which I'm liking a lot, oh and we haven't drawn a game yet!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We were only ever a supposed stepping stone for Poyet and it was always about him and his ego, despite his good work I never fully bought into the Gus Effect and didnt ever feel he was one of us, this fella Oscar seems to be different and wants to be in our gang, he loves the fans and I get a real sense that he wants his tenure to be about a collective 'Us' which I'm liking a lot, oh and we haven't drawn a game yet!!

good job we conceded that last minute winner to leeds ..wudnt want to draw would we

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Oscar Dragon Punch

OscarUppercut.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Thanks for posting link, the guy in the gray tee shirt did a great gob leading the singing, well done to all, you did us proud!!!

Except when he started singing " your just a small town in Villa", Villa isn't a place it's Aston :)

Last edited:

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Yep, definitely one of the major highlights from yesterday. After all the turmoil of the summer and the shadow of Poyet still hanging over the club it can't have been easy for OG coming to Brighton. I noticed yesterday that at the end of the match OG seemed to be hanging back. As someone else has pointed out, he looked like he wasn't going to come over. I suspect though that he was waiting until he could have his own separate moment with the fans. When he did come over it was very special. I could have quite happily stood there, chanting his name for a long time. All the pain and misery of the last few weeks seem to be lifted in those few seconds and everything felt absolutely fine again with our club. A hugely uplifting experience and really feels like we have finally started the new era.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yep, definitely one of the major highlights from yesterday. After all the turmoil of the summer and the shadow of Poyet still hanging over the club it can't have been easy for OG coming to Brighton. I noticed yesterday that at the end of the match OG seemed to be hanging back. As someone else has pointed out, he looked like he wasn't going to come over. I suspect though that he was waiting until he could have his own separate moment with the fans. When he did come over it was very special. I could have quite happily stood there, chanting his name for a long time. All the pain and misery of the last few weeks seem to be lifted in those few seconds and everything felt absolutely fine again with our club. A hugely uplifting
experience and really feels like we have finally started the new era.

Well said.
Drove back from Brum with an inner smile of satisfaction. Oscar has his first win. There is a lot of work still to do but we are now heading in the right direction.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think we'll be alright with this bloke in charge.

Indeed.

As someone else said, personally I still miss Gus. Which is a great shame cos Oscar seems great. Just such a weird end.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Best moment of the day - OSCAR GARCIA coming over to supporters at the final wh

I love the fact he always mentions the fans and insists "we play for the fans" excellent bloke and got his head screwed on

Well said. I was going to post exactly this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here