Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best (loudest) and worst away fans this season

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I thought Brum today were the loudest all season. KRO was incredibly loud when they sang it. Also they had a variety of different songs.
Bear in mind Leeds were 2-0 at half time so had a lot to sing about, although they were loud.

Worse: Burnley, Derby

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Agree that Newcastle were poor..but they win a different award - most pissed away support this season. It was a late kick off and it was quite obvious that most of them had been on the lash all day. For the ones I saw , the major challenge was navigating their way from the station to the South Stand whilst remaining upright.

Haha! I was certainly a mess pre-match, got down to Brighton before midday so was on the piss for quite a while.

To be fair our support at Brighton was horrendous, good numbers but we were awful. About 150 of us at the back gave it a go but our end was full of Southerners. Whenever the Southern Mags make up the majority of our end it's usually poor. We were even singing about them at one point.

Pockets of vocal support weren't taken up by the majority of the sullen away following, prompting a chant of, "We've got an end full of Cockneys"....

Newcastle United Football Club - Match reports - Brighton (a)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Best : Wrexham , although Brum were pretty good today.
Worst : Watford. If you cant make a noise when you are 2-0 up away from home you never will.

We had the loudest fans today in the shape of Birmingham, without a shadow of a doubt.
Don't care who were the worst.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I didn't think Watford's support was all that bad. For much of the first half, I could only hear them chanting, but I couldn't hear anything from our fans, other than constant moaning every time we made a stray pass.

I think Burnley were pretty dreadful, or maybe we were just louder than normal that day.

Ipswich? I wasn't there, but sounded like that banner provoked a storm of angry feelings...

Well, Ipswich is in tractar cuntry, bunch of inbreeds basically, sorry to all east anglians. Birmingham, were pretty pathetic today with the , does your boyfriend know you're here and such like. Loudest though, i think leeds

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Portsmouth? Bullshit, heard one play up pompey and sod all else. Palace were admittedly loud when they actually sung, but they were anonymous the entire first half, it wasn't until they came out fired up that their lot piped up. Leeds/Wrexham are blatantly the two loudest/best, although for volume Brum today were loud when they did sing. Not sure if that was final day party atmosphere or not as they were shit at their place.

This. I would put Portsmouth in with the quieter ones but not quietest.

Best: Leeds, Birmingham, Palace, Wrexham for me.

Worst: Burnley, Bris City, Derby

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sitting near the away fans I can confirm the two loudest sets of fans were

1st - Leeds United
2nd - Birmingham City

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
To be fair, although Leeds fans were undoubtedly the loudest when they got going, did they actually sing that much?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Best has to be LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS by a country mile, no one else even came close...

Worst, Ipswich, didn't hear a peep.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Leeds were the loudest by far. Boro impressed me in terms of numbers. I don't get all the fuss about Palace. When you take into account that it was a local derby they were shit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair, although Leeds fans were undoubtedly the loudest when they got going, did they actually sing that much?

Pretty much all the game but did shut up for a while when we went from 0-2 down to 3-2 up !

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Leeds

Sunderland , for all the hype about their passion ect very very quiet as were their chums from Newcastle

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I think Birmingham were loudest and had variety of songs with Leeds second
Also Middlesbrough deserve a mention-great turnout!

Worst-I thought considering numbers forest were crap,as were ipswich

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
They were by no means the worst, but i was genuinley suprised howbad Readings support was, they brought a lot down in midweek,but didn't make much nioze for a team top of the tableand about to clinch promotion. Thought they would be louder.

Thought Leeds were the best fans.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I'm in the North Stand and Birmingham nearly drowned us out yesterday and I don't remember that happening before, so yep, they were the loudest for me.
Leeds also loud but best the award for best fans goes to Wrexham, who I see are in the play offs. Good luck fellas.

Worst, um, Burnley, Coventry? Don't remember hearing much from them and Reading, as someone has pointed out, they pretty much filled the away end but did not make the noise that fans supporting a team in the top 2 should have made. They're like that at home too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here