Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best (loudest) and worst away fans this season

Oct 2, 2008
Best : Wrexham , although Brum were pretty good today.
Worst : Watford. If you cant make a noise when you are 2-0 up away from home you never will.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Best: Leeds, Wrexham, Brum. In that order.
Worst: Burnley, Watford, Peterborough, Barnsley, Newcastle + Sunderland (???), Bristol City and Derby are all among those who I don't really remember hearing.

Surprising: Ipswich (stupidity), Wrexham (loud), Liverpool (pretty quiet).

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I didn't think Watford's support was all that bad. For much of the first half, I could only hear them chanting, but I couldn't hear anything from our fans, other than constant moaning every time we made a stray pass.

I think Burnley were pretty dreadful, or maybe we were just louder than normal that day.

Ipswich? I wasn't there, but sounded like that banner provoked a storm of angry feelings...

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
bestest

Leeds for me they were loud all the way through the match and waving there shirts above there heads late evening kick off and frezing.worst fans thought newcastle were pretty poor.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I would go along with the Wrexham fans being the best,they certainly made a lot of noise and enjoyed their day out,I thought the worst were Newcastle,barely got a peep out of the "Toon army".

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Loudest Leeds, Brum
Worst Liverpool, Newcastle and Southampton.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Oct 2, 2008
Agree that Newcastle were poor..but they win a different award - most pissed away support this season. It was a late kick off and it was quite obvious that most of them had been on the lash all day. For the ones I saw , the major challenge was navigating their way from the station to the South Stand whilst remaining upright.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Best: Wrexham - good banter and decent fans too.
Worst: Burnley. Crap team, crap fans, crap place...the UK should put a large wall around the town and let them die out.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Best: Thought Palace were pretty loud, (as much as pains me to say it). Leeds were also good.
Worst: Burnley.

they were really loud palarse but only after they levelled with us i sit west lower next to away and all you could here was them cu*ts you could have heard a pin drop from the rest of the ground made me feel physical sick

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not a peep for the first 79 minutes though...

Commonly held belief. Completely incorrect in my opinion.

BEST Leeds, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth
WORST Burnley, Derby, Barnsley

Honourable mentions to Ipswich and Southamton who were awful, much like their teams. Middlesbrough were in good number, but we didn't fet too much noise from any of the North East clubs.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Best, and they are amazing at all games - Leeds.

Quietest relative to numbers - Newcastle, even before our winner.

Scummiest (or elements of) - Millwall, CP, based on vandalism & cowardice to bar staff. And the little group of Ipswich dicks who were jealous of the stadium & lack of debt.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
There's a big difference between best and loud for me. Loud could just be the volume of noise made at times - e.g. Brum were decent in that category today, but any team can make a racket if they bring 2,500 fans down, that's natural, just the number of voices. But for me "best" is constant singing throughout the whole game. Wrexham take that crown.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Commonly held belief. Completely incorrect in my opinion.

BEST Leeds, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth
WORST Burnley, Derby, Barnsley

Honourable mentions to Ipswich and Southamton who were awful, much like their teams. Middlesbrough were in good number, but we didn't fet too much noise from any of the North East clubs.

Portsmouth? Bullshit, heard one play up pompey and sod all else. Palace were admittedly loud when they actually sung, but they were anonymous the entire first half, it wasn't until they came out fired up that their lot piped up. Leeds/Wrexham are blatantly the two loudest/best, although for volume Brum today were loud when they did sing. Not sure if that was final day party atmosphere or not as they were shit at their place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here