Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best loan players we never tried to get back

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Abdul razak. I was gutted when Gus fell out with him, he looked a class act and I fully expect to see him playing regularly in the prem in the next couple of years.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Abdul razak. I was gutted when Gus fell out with him, he looked a class act and I fully expect to see him playing regularly in the prem in the next couple of years.
Razak should be a great player, but he has a terrible attitude and an enormous ego. Until he reels those in, he'll constantly fall out with managers and never get a chance to do the right thing

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought that Ian Westlake would have been worth hanging on to. A solid left midfielder, prepared to put in a shift. With all our collectoin of super flair high maintenance wingers, I still think we could do with this type of player in the squad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought that Ian Westlake would have been worth hanging on to. A solid left midfielder, prepared to put in a shift. With all our collectoin of super flair high maintenance wingers, I still think we could do with this type of player in the squad.

After largely unsuccessful spells at Cheltenham, Oldham & Wycombe Wanderers, he went to Montreal Impact, & now turns out for Needham Market FC in the Isthmian League Division One North.

CDAJ?

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010

Agree, his display against Ipswich was one of the best performances I've seen in an Albion shirt. He was awesome that day. He went to some Russian team but didn't he come back to a prem team in the transfer window

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
After largely unsuccessful spells at Cheltenham, Oldham & Wycombe Wanderers, he went to Montreal Impact, & now turns out for Needham Market FC in the Isthmian League Division One North.

CDAJ?

Sure he turned out to be kack, we weren't great at the time and he offered us something. I think he may have been another one, who got injured and went downhill, he seemed to start okay at Cheltenham.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

I agree with that. Quite why Micky Adams thought that David Livermore, Kevin McLeod, Kevin Thornton or even Adam Virgo were a better option in midfield the following season and didn't bother to get Westlake back I don't know. But then very little he did in his second spell made sense I suppose

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I agree with that. Quite why Micky Adams thought that David Livermore, Kevin McLeod, Kevin Thornton or even Adam Virgo were a better option in midfield the following season and didn't bother to get Westlake back I don't know. But then very little he did in his second spell made sense I suppose

Didn't Westlake drop dramatically down the leagues? I think he's playing ryman level?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Didn't Westlake drop dramatically down the leagues? I think he's playing ryman level?

Not trying to say he was Iniesta or Xavi. He wasn't even Gary Dicker. But would he have been an improvement on the midfield that we fielded in the immediate aftermath of his departure? Yes, he would have been

troy

Feb 22, 2009
A Good one for me it was the goalkeeper Ron Fearon From Ipswich Town. A bad one was that American goalie that let a corner in against Wolves, he thought he was real big time Charlie but Barry Lloyd sent him back to Luton Town.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Gotsmanov
Keown
Dickov

All well out of our class at the time, and surrounded by a load of cack.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Agree, his display against Ipswich was one of the best performances I've seen in an Albion shirt. He was awesome that day. He went to some Russian team but didn't he come back to a prem team in the transfer window

He's at west ham now, don't think he's featured yet though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here