Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best liked team?

Sep 18, 2003
We all know who we hate. We all know south Croydon is a steaming pile of dung, but.....

Which team do you genuinely want to see do well?

How would you feel if they beat us?

Personally, I have a soft spot for Chester, and it's great to see them back this year. All the better for the swap they did with Carlisle this year.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Charlton:

Nomadic years
Gritt
Curbishly

'nuff said

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am clearly gonna get slated for this but my second team is pompey after living there for over ten years. I went to see them quite a few times and all my best mates are pompey fans.

Having said that when they play each other I am 100% behind the albion. When Bobby slotted home that goal against them last year I jumped around like a friggin LOON !!

Stumpy Tim

Wilko said:
I am clearly gonna get slated for this but my second team is pompey after living there for over ten years.
B]

You're a disgrace. Wash your mouth out with soap.

I like to see Southampton doing well, but other than that I largely couldn't care less. I often like teams dependent on who the manager is. For example, I like to see Martin O'Neill (my boyhood hero), Micky Adams & Peter Taylor do well & I also have a soft spot for Joe Kinnear because of what he achieved at Wimbledon for all those years.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Doncaster Rovers
Charlton
QPR
AFC Wimbledon

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
Millwall, they tried to help us when we were groundless. I will never forget that. Go on you lions, go get that cup!
Also Celtic, Bordeaux and of course the Mighty Quins (Oops, that's egg chasing):jester:

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
Stumpy Tim said:
You're a disgrace. Wash your mouth out with soap.

I like to see Southampton doing well, but other than that I largely couldn't care less. I often like teams dependent on who the manager is. For example, I like to see Martin O'Neill (my boyhood hero), Micky Adams & Peter Taylor do well & I also have a soft spot for Joe Kinnear because of what he achieved at Wimbledon for all those years.
This is the same Southampton who contrived a 0-0 draw with Spurs on the last day of the 77-78 season to cheat Albion out of promotion? I hope Pompey stuff them every time they meet!
Totally agree with the rest though. I hope Micky Adams goes on to more success. In fact I'm confident that he will.:clap: :nono:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Charlton, obviously - aren't they all neutrals' favourite prem team.
Millwall, as they're Mrs Gwylan's team
Doncaster, because they went through the same shit as we did
Bradford City, as they're the team I watched at uni
AFC Wimbledon , for obvious reasons

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
liverpool,west ham,boston united and york city !

worthing ,lancing and mile oak as well !

deportivo and porto in europe

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've always had a soft spot for Liverpool and I would love to see them challenging the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea again.

Having said that I loved it when we were their bogey team.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Teams near where I once lived:

Stockport County (used to be a great Friday night out)

Oldham Athletic (still can't believe that they stayed in the Premier League for 3 seasons)

Plymouth Argyle (the Devon Derby with Exeter was hilarious)

Stumpy Tim

ziggy said:
This is the same Southampton who contrived a 0-0 draw with Spurs on the last day of the 77-78 season to cheat Albion out of promotion?

I was 1 years old!! Had no idea. They're a team a lot of my family supports, and I remember my Dad taking us to watch them when they had Keegan, Shilton, and David Armstrong.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Wilko said:
I am clearly gonna get slated for this but my second team is pompey after living there for over ten years. I went to see them quite a few times and all my best mates are pompey fans.

Having said that when they play each other I am 100% behind the albion. When Bobby slotted home that goal against them last year I jumped around like a friggin LOON !!

You get some support from me here. I lived in Fratton for 4 years, in the years when the Albion were much stronger than Pompey, and have a lot of family from the area. Maybe not my second team and there is a special edge for me when we play them but I was pleased to see them survive. With the exception of a few neanderthals, their fans are seriously committed and deserve as lot of credit for giving a few premiership big name stars a torrid time this season.

Slating awaited

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I try my hardest to have an aliegance for one side when I watch the games on telly, but the truth is I couldn't give a toss, honestly.
It's just Brighton with me. Shouting for someone else would be like doing the dirty on a girlfriend....actually worse, 'cos I'm guilty of that! :blush:

Mind you, I like to see any English club do well in Europe.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a couple of teams I like. Charlton are one as they're a credit to the game. You look at the ups and downs they've had over the last twenty five years they're an inspiration to all struggling clubs. Their fans are sound too.

I also like Man City as they only have local fans. Used to follow them as a kid (before I discovered The Goldstone).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here