Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best goal you've scored

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Stand in the middle of the six yard box with a goal mouth scramble going on.

The ball was hit straight towards me, along the ground, from about the penalty spot.

With my back to goal i planted my left foot on the ground so the ball hit the outside of my boot.

The ball did a wonderful 90 degree turn and circled around the bemused keeper.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It was in a 7 a side game. From a throw in, I ran towards the near post and did a kind of mid air backheel that looped over the goalie into the far corner.

Don't ask me to do it again.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
I sent the school first team goalkeeper the wrong way in a penalty shoot out tucking it in the corner along the ground. Made my hatrick as I beat him twice on one to ones.
Hit a Solly March (last season) volley from the edge of the area just under the bar, from the corner. I thought I could do this just about every time. Over rated skill.
Beat a better midfielder by dummying to the right and then realising he was better than me and I could not go past him on the right, flicked the ball through my own legs (Alex Dawson style) wrong footing the opponent and shooting with my hopeless swinger, got the power and surprise and in the corner of the net before the keeper even moved. Opponent congratulated me.
Beat three useless players, by dummying to shoot and sliding the ball under the keeper (one to one) because of my quicker reactions.

Analysis:

Dummying the keeper from the penalty is risky. An accurate shot in the corner is not. Once off.
Volleying the ball from the edge of the box is overrated if you enough time and a defender does not knock you off balance. Just blast it on on target. (It help in the defender head its into your path for a goal lurker.)
A repertoire of tricks can be practised. I admire players who can use finesse with their swinger. Power might be OK, Direction not.
One on one on a keeper relies on speed of reactions. Less successful as the standard goes up. A player who can do it at a lower level might fail with better opponents. Hence, a prolific goalscorer a a lower level can fail miserably when faced with better opponents. Best way is to curl it around the keeper but I couldn't do this. (Apparently at the Dorchester level they can according to a first teamer for Worthing. Not sure if I believed he could curl a shot with his instep? )

Because I lacked speed I was very much in favour of wall passes: a plus for Ince, Bruno and Holla, a minus for Lualua.

What in the name of God is that all about?????

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A 40 yarder over about 26* players into the top left, Vancouver, 1984, in an interdepartmental university league match.

*Yes, 26. And one of them was my 10 year old step son. We also had 3 women, and two blokes aged well over 50 in our team. This league wasn't of the highest standard :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Approx 1974 playing for Helena Green Star at Lewes Prison v their 2nd XI (1st team had been stopped from playing over some dixcipline issue) I hit a half volley, from five yards into their half, that went into the top corner. I almost repeated this in a league game for another side but the keeper tipped it over.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The school I went to before secondary was a one form per year school,and as there were only 13 boys in my year, basically everyone, no matter how bad, was in the team. As a result, we lost every single game (two of them 13-0). However, we did score 6 goals in that season, I got 3 of them. The first one will always stick in my memory, as we were playing our fiercest rivals.

We were 3 or 4 nil down and defending yet another corner. I was on the right wing, being able to run fast, and for this corner, I was staying up front by the halfway line. Miraculously, one of our team actually managed to kick the ball in the right direction out of the melee in the penalty area that resulted from the corner. I ran to get the ball and turned to find myself facing two defenders on the halfway line. Going for broke, I just ran straight between them, dribbling the ball as I went. I carried on.

They didn't catch me. As I got to the penalty area, the goalie advanced, crouching low. I considered trying to chip him, but bottled it and carried on. He dived for the ball. I dribbled round him and carried on and tapped the ball in from 2 yards. Then went berserk and ran the entire length of the pitch in celebration, being mobbed by my team mates. We lost 6-1.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I played a friendly match near Lewes and I juggled the ball three times on my knees then hit it on the volley from just over the half way line! Unfortunately the "goal" didn't stand because the "ref" decided that our left winger was offside and "interfering" with play! I think everyone knew and conceded it was an amazing goal, certainly my best, although officially it wasn't given! :)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Lived in Holland for a while, and went drinking a lot in the local bar. We got quite friendly with some Dutch lads and said we'd take them on at 5-a-side. We then didn't see them for three weeks - as they went off training!! Obviously, we carried on drinking.

Turned up in the park, and they arrived in kit with boots. 'WTF?' went through our minds as we put our cut-off jeans and mismatched t-shirts on. Turns out they were a 'proper' team, one of whom had trained with Holland Youth.

Anyway, we held our own, although they thought we were a bit rough. 2-1 down with 30 seconds to go, I got the ball about 10 yards out and kicked it harder than I have ever kicked anything before or since. It went straight to the corner of the goal, their keeper got a hand to it, but it was like something off Simon's Bionic Leg. It broke one of his fingers on the way in....

They went back to drinking.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I remember horribly slicing a simple shot from 30 yards out and it going out for a thro.....oh wait, that wasn't it....

......Carry on.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Volley from the edge of the centre circle. Swerved all over the place and flew right into the top corner.

My favourite was a winner in a semi final. Scored a diving header in front of about 200 who were about 90% our fans to put us 1-0 up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here