Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best goal you've scored

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
knoll school during dinner break. It was almost like Lacrosse. Caught ball (tennis ball) on foot swung 180 degrees and it was like it was stuck to my foot, left my foot and and slammed into one of the doors that was the designated goal from 20 yards that left a mark for years haha

Yoda

English & European
1. About 7 yards out with my back to goal, defender on my back. Managed to make enough room to hit the ball on a 180 degree spin. Keeper didn't see it until too late due to the defender blocking his view.

2. Cross field through ball for me to run onto, keeper came out to meet it on the slide but just got there to neatly lift it just over his body to roll into the opposite corner.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I used to be fairly decent back in the day, and being resident set piece taker there were plenty of chances for me to score decent goals. I scored a lot of goals where I dribbled past the majority of the opposition team, but it's a little difficult to describe these in any further detail!

I scored from the half way line a couple of times, and a volley from around 30 yards out. But the best I've scored has to be the winner in a cup final. Took it round a defender with a stepover and body feint, and then hit it from 25 yards out, bar and in. Those were the days...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At school, about 15 against one of the Worthing schools (don't remember). Half way line, slightly to the right, although probably about 40 yards as opposed to full size but then I would have been smaller too!

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
About a month ago actually. The ball sat up nicely for me on the halfway line. Not sure what I was thinking but it grazed the underside of the cross as it sailed into the top right hand corner.

It was made better by (whilst confidence was up) scoring a 40 yard free kick ten minutes later. This time into the top left.

Took the team from 1-2 down to 3-2 up and that it stayed. I strutted off the pitch at the final whistle.

It was my day and will never ever be repeated again.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Best score was after the Rick Astley concert with my wife. I won't go into the details though. I'll just say the ball set up nicely for me also. :)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Having a kick about in college with all my old mates, I was playing right back, picked up the ball just outside my own box, saw there was plenty of space so kept running up the wing. One mate came in with a wild two footer, I lifted the ball over him like a pro and kept going. Then another mate popped up and I managed to nutmeg him like a chump, got to just outside the corner of the box, figured I'd smash it with my extremely weak left foot........it curled into the top left corner.
What followed was the infamous shirt over the head and screaming like a bird at a one direction concert.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Received the ball on the half way line, 4 opposing players surrounding me, i could of played the easy pass back to defence but instead decided to go on Vicente inspired run. Glided through all defenders (just like Vicente vs Derby) working my way into the penalty box,hit it on the left foot.. I actually scored mine though. Vicente = RUBBISH.

Then the connection was lost before i had a chance to watch the replay. I was gutted.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My first ever goal is my fondest moment from primary school in an annual tournament. I was playing central midfield and noticed the goalkeeper was poor on low shots. From about 30 yards I fizzed a shot on the ground and it flew in, easily beating the keeper. It was such a great feeling getting mobbed by my teammates. We couldn't hold on though. The opposition's star striker won a dubious penalty with a bad challenge in the box and he stepped up to convert. It finished 1-1. The other two group games were 0-0 and 0-2 so I scored my team's only goal in the group.

Central midfield has always been my best position. Not a great tackler but can pick out a pass well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Was having a kick about in the paddock (Lewes ) back at school, scored an overhead kick as I ran up a hill with steel toecaps on, from then on they were known as "Simmo specials"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When playing five-a-side in Germany, on a full size pitch.
Was playing in defence, took the ball up to half way line and just walloped it, leaving the chubby little goalie standing.
Free beers all that night:goal:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Were you one of those corner takers that always tried to score?

Not deliberately. The ball just curls a long way when I chip it with my left. I'd curl it in at the keeper and some got headed in, a few went straight in. To be honest we are not talking about a fantastic level of football - most would simply be deemed 'too close' to a decent keeper.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I did a 'Beckham' from the halfway line playing for 'The Station Hotel' against my previous Sunday League club 'The Co Op' on one of the Whitehawk pitches in the late seventies.

An earlier shot went over the bar and down the hill towards the sea ---- never to be seen again (stolen) :)

New match balls were about a tenner :eek:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not deliberately. The ball just curls a long way when I chip it with my left. I'd curl it in at the keeper and some got headed in, a few went straight in. To be honest we are not talking about a fantastic level of football - most would simply be deemed 'too close' to a decent keeper.

Aaaah the old wind assisted corners that drift over the 3 foot goalie, how time muddles the mind into 'a good left peg' .........

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I was standing on the half way line, with the opposition's defence off a little deep.

Our goalie booted the ball down the middle towards me.

It bounced just in front of me with my back to goal.

I turned and guided, more than thumped, the ball over the opposition goalie, who was standing on the penalty spot.

It dropped nicely behind him into the net.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Best was when playing for Cubs in my last ever appearance...it was a bit like the second goal on the below clip of an unknown striker in 1986:

Second favourite, was the only goal I scored for my school...it was a bit like the first goal on the below clip of an equally unknown striker in 1986:

Favourite though, was a goal I scored in a 5-a-side tourno...it was a bit like this beauty of a curler on the below clip of a funny looking Geordie in 1990:

:

Last edited:

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Waiting at the back edge of the penalty spot, in case of an over hit corner.

Which it was.

I caught the ball sweetly with my left foot to volley straight into the net

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here