Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Best films with one word titles.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The original Midway was Battle Of Midway
On Netfix as just 'Midway'
On release in the US as Midway, but on video release it became Battle of Midway, but is also known as just 'Midway' in many countries and so i'm going with the 1 word title for the sake of this thread

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Oh No Omg GIF by STARZ

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can’t believe we had to wait until post 29 for this one to come up
It’s not actually that great a movie is it? Iconic, yes, enjoyable for sure, but from a cinematography point of view the acting is crap, the script is simplistic, the filming is average at best. All IMO of course.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think people are just starting to name films rather than ones that they actually like/are the best.

A few that jump to mind for me, not in any particular order:

- Up: Already mentioned, but an incredible opening sequence means it deserves its place on this list.

- Argo: Fantastic film with a true story that seems far too ridiculous to be real. Picks up pace throughout, with an ending that is as gripping as any film I can remember.

- Rope: Shot in "one take", an underappreciated Hitchcock classic. So simple, so Hitchcock, but executed perfectly. Jimmy Stewart as well.

- Parasite: Loved it. Funny, tense, horrific, shocking and properly gripping, a film I think everyone should watch. Again, subtitles, but this should definitely be a "gateway" film for people that don't want to read while watching a film.

- Network: Watched it for the first time about a week ago. Really hit hard and feels like a film way ahead of its time. Incredible performance from Peter Finch with some stunning monologues.

- Memento: A film lovers paradise. Plays with narrative structure in such an iconic way. If you haven't seen it, but love films, watch it tonight.

- Titanic: Say what you want, but this is a great film. The sheer scale of it along with the viewer knowing exactly how it is going to end still gets me. I may be biased cause I work in the cruise industry, but still a great watch.

- Jumanji: One of my first loves. Obsessed with it as a child, and still can watch it to this day. Anything with Robin Williams these days always hits slightly harder too.

- Festen: A Danish film that bores down into a troubled family that I can not recommend highly enough. For someone that doesn't mind subtitles (or can speak Danish) and wants to try something different, give this a try.

Would love to know everyones thoughts on the above.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would love to know everyones thoughts on the above.
They're all better than Drive. :shrug:

So what's everybody's favourite one word title film by Sylvester Stallone? :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here