Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best feeling or moment watching the Albion

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Been supporting since 1980’s

Top 5 for me..

1. FA Cup final - for an 8 year old boy it was just brilliant. The build up was not like it is today, so much more special in those days.

2. Chelsea Potter retribution. Best atmosphere I have experienced at a home game and it meant so much, also the first ever win against them.

3. Promotion to premier league Wigan at home, what a day and night.

4. Peterborough away - were f’in brilliant - some of the best football I have seen us play. For me this was the turning point of our upward trajectory.

5. Doncaster, first game at Amex after the long journey to get there, and the special winner from Buckley. The singing and drinking on a sunny summers afternoon will probably not be bettered.

So many other moments too, hard to narrow it down but I suspect there will be many more this coming season including our first ever game in European competition.

The one thing I want to see before I depart this life is us win at Wembley.

I love this club.

Last edited:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The two best moments for me that I think about all the time are: 3-3 away at Brentford, 90+7 equaliser, terrace, I was there on my own so it was just stranger-hugging and jumping. Never forget that.
Second is Ulloa at Forest - sadly I wasn't there but I was with quite a few mates watching on TV, my son was only 4 at the time and he got thrown around like a rag doll, beer everywhere. In fact I think my life peaked at that moment.

Jimmy Grimble

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Beating Man United 4-0. Yes Hereford was unbelievable but at that time I suspected the following season would be more of the same and our future wasn’t guaranteed.

Thrashing Man United at our beautiful stadium felt like the culmination of everything that happened post 1997. It all came together in that beautiful breathtaking performance and announced that we belonged at the top level.

Nothing will top that for no matter who we beat in the future.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Standing near the very top behind the goal at Wembley. Gordon Smith headed it and as Bailey dived on it I assumed he’d got it. However it went under him and I recall it took and absolute age to roll over the line in what seemed like slow motion. The old Wembley terrace had quite big steps in the upper tier and anyone that uses the term “limbs” to describe celebrations in a seated end would not have a clue.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The answer is and always will be Hereford. Until the last of us there or listening on the radio is gone.

End.Of.Thread.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The answer is and always will be Hereford. Until the last of us there or listening on the radio is gone.

End.Of.Thread.
Nope. That is an opinion. As someone else said, they felt more relief than anything. You may have felt unbridled joy but this thread is about feeling and we are not all wired the same.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope. That is an opinion. As someone else said, they felt more relief than anything. You may have felt unbridled joy but this thread is about feeling and we are not all wired the same.
Joy, unbridled or not, is a feeling. Threads about feeling. Sorry, what am I missing?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Walking up the 4 steps from the west upper concourse into the stadium for the very first time. I instantly got something in my eye.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Joy, unbridled or not, is a feeling. Threads about feeling. Sorry, what am I missing?
Some people felt relief, you felt joy. You are right I could have phrased my reply better, they are both feelings, but nosomuch in reference to 'end of thread' as other people enjoyed recounting occasions where the emotion was different.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bristol City in the play off final. Dreadful game, but just a brilliant day.
Forest away when Ulloa scored to put us in the play offs. Special scenes
QPR away in the promotion season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a JCL, ones that really stick in the mind are:

-Murray’s last minute header at Birmingham
-Knocky’s top bins at Palace
-Maupay equalising at Palace
-Andone scoring at home v Palace
-Alireza’s overhead v Chelsea. Genuine shock all round.
-Promotion day
-Return of Potter with Chelsea
-Mitoma scoring in the cup to beat Liverpool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here