Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Best farm shop in and around the Brighton area?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Asking for a friend ..

Mostly looking for local eggs and milk

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Middle Farm, just past Lewes on the A27 towards Eastbourne.

Marvellous cider barn as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best local eggs are from Macs Farm in Ditchling. They only do eggs though.

For a full Farm Shop, I agree with Easy, you can't beat Middle Farm, just so long as you engineer it so that you're not the one driving home.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think they're called Estate Agents now.

Why do you want to buy a farm?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
Aug 24, 2020
I agree Middle Farm is very good. The lamb chops I had from them were the best. Very good for cheese as well. I don't know about their milk and eggs.

The Park Farm shop at Falmer opposite the Amex does their own eggs from Park Farm at Ripe, and also Mac's at Ditchling. Both are like eggs used to be, with orange yolks.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
aba8e6ce3793fa5f31aa36bc91c00120.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Swains Farm at Henfield. Local produce, incl eggs and have a selection of meats and sausages from the Butchers at Partridge Green.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Swains Farm at Henfield. Local produce, incl eggs and have a selection of meats and sausages from the Butchers at Partridge Green.

Presuming the butcher is SK Hutchings - they supply Westons Farm Shop near Horsham and their produce is superb - highlights are their Pork and Apple Burgers and any of their sausages.

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Another vote for Rushfields here

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
Aug 24, 2020

A while back, the cheese woman at Rushfields had put little pieces of cheese in a dish on the counter for customers to try.

Up comes an old boy, and he squeezes every single piece of cheese between his finger and thumb, and then didn't eat any of them.

That was nice.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Park Farm Shop at Falmer, just by the stadium. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet given its proximity to the club.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Rushfields is good, if a tad pricier. Butchers is excellent, plus the fresh pies etc.... plus a nice opportunity to stop for a coffee and a large slab of cake whilst there.

Swains is much better value but a bit rough round the edges at the moment, they started a large building project with the idea of opening a cafe i guess (as that seems to be where every garden centre and farm shop is making their profits these days) but it stalled and nothings been done with it. I've just googled and it looks like the whole site/business is up for sale for £1.75m...

CLOSURE OF SWAINS FARM SHOP & GARDEN CENTRE
The business owner is looking to retire and therefore, Swains Farm Shop & Garden Centre will cease trading unless a buyer/s can be found to take over the going concern interest of the trading business.
https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/Iz2CoA5mYEuyHTgJA7maYdSA3O_1ePvpBDs75akNORM/document.pdf

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As much as l like Rushfields, ( & l do, hence my previous post), another very good one is Jeremy 2, just south of my village on the A281.

A much smaller concern, and basically just selling high quality fruit and veg, along with a few other local products.

Also has an excellent butcher, who used to run Wooward;s in Henfield before it closed it's doors a few years ago.

There is also the original Jeremy's greengrocer in Henfield, which spawned it's namesake, but not somewhere l have given much business to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here