Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Euro results for Albion this week and next.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Bayer Leverkusen v USG should also be of interest on Thursday, presuming Europa medal winners get extra points towards qualifying for a UK work permit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Man City v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Real Madrid
Man U v Seville

3 games home and away this week and next, but what do people think are the best results for the Albion?

1. Chelsea

We play Chelsea on Saturday, so do we want Madrid to smash them so they are demoralised, or for them to win or draw, so their focus is on the return, rather than the game against us? I would go for a narrow defeat for Chelsea

2. Man U
Any result, other than an easy win for United? Want them having to put out their strongest side for the return 3 days before the semi final.

3. Man City
Presumably we want them to go through to make sure their focus is on winning the CL rather than the FA Cup ? (Who knows, maybe Sheffield United may even be able to cause an upset?)

And it goes without saying, a few injuries to key players of each wouldn't go amiss.
We want Man City to win their f.a cup semi final. That way 7th in the league is guaranteed a European place.

Edit: or rather we'll be guaranteed European football if we finish 7th and Man City win their f.a cup semi final.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Doesn’t really matter does it? If we all believe the paranoia on here recently, our position in the PL has already been pre-determined.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bayer Leverkusen v USG should also be of interest on Thursday, presuming Europa medal winners get extra points towards qualifying for a UK work permit.
Mitoma qualified last season through his loan at USG without any European football.

Adingra will easily qualify after this season given USG are doing just as well in the league and he’ll gain extra points for their European progress as well, but they aren’t essential due to USGs league form being great again.

Winning it would be a huge achievement for USG but it won’t make any real difference now for us work permit wise.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I want the best chance of winning the FA cup so I'll be rooting for Sheffield United. Even if that means missing out on the Europa competitions.
I'm probably in the minority here, I would prefer European football over an FA Cup win. I'm pretty sure most if not all players would prefer A winners medal. If you could guarantee me a win in final against City then I could be tempted but I fear on a one off final...City are just too good. I would spend the whole game filling my incontinence pants! Smashing Utd in semi, a respectful penalty shoot out defeat in final and a few away trips to Kazakhstan, Malta and Cyprus will make this old man very happy. UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here