Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Euro results for Albion this week and next.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Man City v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Real Madrid
Man U v Seville

3 games home and away this week and next, but what do people think are the best results for the Albion?

1. Chelsea

We play Chelsea on Saturday, so do we want Madrid to smash them so they are demoralised, or for them to win or draw, so their focus is on the return, rather than the game against us? I would go for a narrow defeat for Chelsea

2. Man U
Any result, other than an easy win for United? Want them having to put out their strongest side for the return 3 days before the semi final.

3. Man City
Presumably we want them to go through to make sure their focus is on winning the CL rather than the FA Cup ? (Who knows, maybe Sheffield United may even be able to cause an upset?)

And it goes without saying, a few injuries to key players of each wouldn't go amiss.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Chelsea 0-0 or a 1-0 defeat
United same as Chelsea
City into CL final

Or just focus on ourselves as we can (will) beat all three of these teams

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think there’s a good chance of all that you say. I can see Chelsea losing by 2, Utd winning by 2 (so both ties still alive) and City winning.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Chelsea to lose by 1.
United to draw or lose by 1. Second leg to go to extra time and pens with them winning, followed by them going on the piss for a couple of days.
City to march on but have a couple of injuries.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It will be a long time for me to want Chelsea to win any game. Don't watch many non Albion games but City v Bayern is outstanding

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2 nil to City now. KDB off with a possible injury. Every little helps

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chelsea winning would be bad news, don’t need a “new manager bounce”.

United is 2nd leg isn’t it? In which case, extra time and penalties, preferably a defeat but not vital.

City would be nice if they were through to the final and distracted, like the last time we beat them. Then to lose the final because I hate them and it’d be funny.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder who will win the FA Cup 😬

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Chelsea winning would be bad news, don’t need a “new manager bounce”.
I don't think they last more than a couple of matches.

I actually want Chelsea to get through because if they finish above us AND win the CL (both highly unlikely but you never know, Frank might actually hit on the right combination of players out of the hundreds available to him) then England gets the maximum 5 teams in next season's CL. This means we could squeeze a berth in Europe when otherwise we might have missed out by one place.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Man City looking pretty scary atm
Yes, I was pretty much in awe of what I saw there. Haaland should be illegal. It was the intelligence in his assist that struck me more than anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here