Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best cooked breakfast in Worthing ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Being a new returnee to Worthing, I've started a mission to find the best Sunday brunch in town. Only 2 visits so far...

I see what you have done there,you have casually slipped in Brunch as opposed to the OP wishes to find a good breckie....you will need to drop your elitist veil if you wish to fit in where Worthing is concerned.

I strongly suggest you dont try shopping at Tesco Durrington until you have brushed up on chav etiquette and in-breeding.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Being a new returnee to Worthing, I've started a mission to find the best Sunday brunch in town. Only 2 visits so far...

- Lazy Brunch in Goring. Server was very surly, menu quite basic but decent value. 6/10
- Tides - the other end of Goring. Better menu choices including stuff with salmon and hollandaise etc. 8/10

I shall make a note to visit some of the other recommendations on this thread should they be open on a Sunday.

Welcome back.

Crescent Road do a breakfast club on the last Sunday of each month, that is also worth checking out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Welcome back.

Crescent Road do a breakfast club on the last Sunday of each month, that is also worth checking out.

Indeed. I've been in touch with them - no March one as it coincides with Mothers' Day. I hope to try it at the end of April.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Piggery does fantastic lunch - had no idea they did breakfasts.

Wrights on Warwick Street is good for breakfast/brunch/lunch if you're in town. Tides in Goring is nice too.
Always looking for new places that are worth checking out.
For me, good sausages, bacon, bread and coffee are essential items to a good breakfast, especially if bothering to eat out. Fresh eggs are very noticeable too.

Yes mate give it ago, I know they changed owners last year I think it was and Ive not had a breakfast there since as I dont work near there anymore. But they used to and nothing has really changed there food wise as the new owners are brilliant chefs. So I presume they still do.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Indeed. I've been in touch with them - no March one as it coincides with Mothers' Day. I hope to try it at the end of April.

Crescent Rd is an excellent restaurant, probably Worthings best. So glad to hear they still do the ocassional breakfast, as we enjoyed a good brekkie/brunch there before their focus switched to evening meals.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
The Toby carvery in durrington or Lyons farm ?.
Hot breakfast buffet including unlimited bacon ,egg ,sausages and cook your own toast for £4.50 iirc
Unlimited tea or coffee £2
Went not expecting it to be up to much and got to say it was very good

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Toby carvery in durrington or Lyons farm ?.
Hot breakfast buffet including unlimited bacon ,egg ,sausages and cook your own toast for £4.50 iirc
Unlimited tea or coffee £2
Went not expecting it to be up to much and got to say it was very good

Got to say , that sounds like an absolute winner !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where is the Toby Carvery in Durrington? There is one on the corner of George V Ave and Goring Rd previously The George (West Worthing)and one on Upper Brighton Road (Lyons Farm) previously the Downlands but not in Durrington which starts at the roundabout of The Boulevard/Terringes Ave/Palatine Rd.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anyone tried the Bosuns Cafe just off the seafront where the Litten Tree used to be,have had a few friends rave about it but the name puts me off

Yes, I went to Bosuns about a month ago, wasn't that impressed, small portions, no better than a tesco breakfast but double the price !

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't know if its still there but Shorely Scrumptious on Crescent Road was amazing.

I used to work in Kim's Bookshop just along the road and treated myself to one of their fry-ups most lunchtimes.

Quite expensive if I remember

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about the one in Tarring Rd. cant remember the name but it is opposite St Botolphs Rd, just up from Tilneys stationers. Last time I was in Worthing at brekkie time I had one there and it was quite good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here