Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best cooked breakfast in Worthing ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I went to The Istanbul in Heene Road, reasonably priced, good portions and good service. Went for Eggs, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, beans, black pudding, tomatoe, bubble and squeak, toast and a mug of tea. Bargain at £4.95 !

never had a bad breakfast at the istanbul
the pub next to the library does a good one(wheatsheaf i think) but is £6 a pop

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Dunno the name, but the cafe in South Farm Road up near Wiston Ave. i often go, yesterday i had 2 sausages, egg, 5 slices of bacon, beans, grilled toms, toast and tea. Bargain at £5, and always a paper to read. Plenty of other choices, even veggy stuff.

Really?!

I live round the corner and have not gone back in years after having a very average breakfast with really budget sausages there.

Am I getting confused? Or is it the old skool greasy spoon vibe you like?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An old customer of ours was a very succesful cafe owner and once told me, and I have nevet forgotten it, if you serve good sausages, bacon and tea the rest can be cheap tesco blue and white or Asda smart price to make your money.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
An old customer of ours was a very succesful cafe owner and once told me, and I have nevet forgotten it, if you serve good sausages, bacon and tea the rest can be cheap tesco blue and white or Asda smart price to make your money.

I can see what he was saying. Good bacon and sausages is all you need for a decent breakfast, they are the most expensive things to buy as well. Though eggs, beans and bread are so cheap you might as well get the decent stuff as its not really much different in price from the Asda own brand.

Unless you knocking out serious amounts of them items I wouldnt of thought it would really save or make too much money/difference getting the cheap stuff, you might as well get the good quality brands and up the price abit for the better taste.

Nothing worse than cheap sausages in a breakfast though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he was meaning beans tomatoes cant belive instead of butter coffee etc. Most bread is about £1.30 supermarkets own cheap is less than 50p quite a saving

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Really?!

I live round the corner and have not gone back in years after having a very average breakfast with really budget sausages there.

Am I getting confused? Or is it the old skool greasy spoon vibe you like?

Agree. Cheap sausages spoil the bfast in there. Cheap....but you get what you pay for.

Tides in Goring for me, proper sausages, friendly service, nice place to take your partner.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Coming east a bit, i had an excellent breakfast in Beach House, Shoreham the other week, really good quality.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just read over my first comment and it sounded like Ive smoked crack and typed it with the amout of typos haha.

I'll re type it!

Give 'The Piggery' ago in Broadwater, its not like a greasy spoon type breakfast, but its the one of the best breakis Ive ever had. And if you want lunch they do great hog roast baps with unbelievable crackling!

http://www.thepiggerycatering.co.uk

:thumbsup:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Just read over my first comment and it sounded like Ive smoked crack and typed it with the amout of typos haha.

I'll re type it!

Give 'The Piggery' ago in Broadwater, its not like a greasy spoon type breakfast, but its the one of the best breakis Ive ever had. And if you want lunch they do great hog roast baps with unbelievable crackling!

http://www.thepiggerycatering.co.uk

:thumbsup:

Piggery does fantastic lunch - had no idea they did breakfasts.

Wrights on Warwick Street is good for breakfast/brunch/lunch if you're in town. Tides in Goring is nice too.
Always looking for new places that are worth checking out.
For me, good sausages, bacon, bread and coffee are essential items to a good breakfast, especially if bothering to eat out. Fresh eggs are very noticeable too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tides in Goring for me.
Close to where I live helps. Good eggs benny too, but the ham can be a bit funny sometimes (but I am a bit funny about ham)

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The Bluebird Cafe in Ferring is a little out of the way, but staff are friendly and there's always a welcoming atmosphere (with a nice sea view).

This, and if a cute little Border Terrier smiles at you don't give him any food he's not allowed!!!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Tides in Goring for me.
Close to where I live helps. Good eggs benny too, but the ham can be a bit funny sometimes (but I am a bit funny about ham)

This is pretty local for me too. Walked past it loads of times with the dog, never been in, must give it a try.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Being a new returnee to Worthing, I've started a mission to find the best Sunday brunch in town. Only 2 visits so far...

- Lazy Brunch in Goring. Server was very surly, menu quite basic but decent value. 6/10
- Tides - the other end of Goring. Better menu choices including stuff with salmon and hollandaise etc. 8/10

I shall make a note to visit some of the other recommendations on this thread should they be open on a Sunday.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Anyone tried the Bosuns Cafe just off the seafront where the Litten Tree used to be,have had a few friends rave about it but the name puts me off

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Three pages and not one mention of the "Scores on the doors" Shocking omission IMO.
Scores on the Doors shows how good the hygiene and working practices are. Doesn't guarantee the taste!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here