Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best bars and cafés in the world.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
U Fleku the oompah beer Keller in Prague is the corniest, overpriced bar in the city and I love the place.
And guess what..... The beer is superb.
Other than that any of the waterfront bars in Camps bay in Capetown when the sun sets and you sip a Mai Tai.
U Fleku The Bar where Hajduk Split were formed.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Totally agree.....
Try down the coast from Dubrovnik - same deal - lovely bars, great coast, views,
great people and Ozujsko...........top!
Ozujsko is a fine beer ,but Karlovacko,Tomislav and Staro Ceska top it for Croatian Beers IMHO.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The Tides hotel South Beach Miami
Most of the bars on the cliffs on Santorini
The floating bar at The Europa e Regina Hotel Venice
In the UK the Watering Hole on the beach at Perranporth Cornwall is brilliant especially on a summers evening with all the families enjoying their holidays, live music, loads of Doom Bar and the sun going down lighting up the surf. I have never been to a bar in the UK that even comes close.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh I've just remembered another one. The bar at the top of Singapore airport. I can't even see if it's there any more on their website but I flew to Sydney via Singapore in 2001 when I still smoked. We landed at 8am local which was still legitimate drinking time back home. It was the one of the rarer places in Singapore you could smoke in the open. I sat in the burning heat of the outdoor tables sucking in fag smoke and jet fumes with an uber cold Tiger Beer for breakfast. Best bit of the whole flight.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Café Mambo in Ibiza
and personally an unnamed Bar up a dark hill in Koh Toa, Thailand which had the most incredible views I've ever witnessed. Only around 20-30 people there all night, ice cold cans for 50p and some awesome guitar music.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
MV Norwegian Dream crew bar 2005. Like your favourite pub on a Friday night, every night.
A target rich environment also 😜

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
1:
The Cock, Madrid.

From back in around 2000, so might have changed, but hope not..

Had no name or signage outside, you just knock on a plain tall wooden door, and you are ushered in (my poor rehearsed few lines of Spanish pleasantries worked) and then through some heavy velvet curtains into a high ceiling room full of the beautiful and cool of Madrid.
Good drinks, good music, with nice friendly vibe, and you just thought you were part of 'something' that not many others were..

2:
Always liked Pacha's terrace bar, but i'm moving the bar slightly.. :rave:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Beer mountain. Mount Takao. Nothing helps your mountain climbing stamina levels like knowing that there's an all you can drink beer garden waiting for you at the top.

Oh and there's a monkey zoo halfway up.

Attachments

• article-1348478598300-150f6316000005dc-145994_466x362.jpg
    article-1348478598300-150f6316000005dc-145994_466x362.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 247

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Florian, in St Mark's Square in Venice.
Reputed to be the oldest cafe in the world.
When we went it was full of eccentric older Venetians, we had a nice time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here