Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best bars and cafés in the world.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
1,Augustiner Brewery Salzburg,2Plough and Anchor Balluta Bay Malta,3 Any bar on The Riva Trogir Croatia,4 Shady Munch Banska Bystrica Slovakia and 5 Bonchurch Inn Bonchurch IOW.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The East Head Cafe in Knysna is a brilliant little place with some wonderful views. You could sit there for hours!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
At The Top, 63rd floor over looking the Burj Kalifa(tallest building in the world)in Dubai at sundown.

Just being a Dubai pedant here, but At The Top is the name of the observation deck on the Burj Khalifa itself. So that view must be from somewhere else, probably Neos bar in The Address Hotel?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
St Marks Square
L1150841.jpg

IMGP0879.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Maybe not one of the best bars in the world, but finding a bar called Brighton in Valparaiso on a scorching hot day was good enough for me

chile161.jpg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This sort of thread does truly prove how middle class our fanbase is!

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
The bar at the top of the Gherkin has a fantastic view over London, especially as the sun goes down, I did find it a little expensive though, six drinks cost £60.

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
The Sunset in Molyvos (My local) and for those winter enthusiasts; The Great Northern in Whitefish Montana. Beer in jam jars and burgers as big as your head, what's not to like?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A favourite place for meeting the kids for lunch after they had finished ski school

L'Arpette.jpg

Then they would play on the moguls opposite while me and the wife sat in the sunshine and finished the bottle of wine :drink:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just being a Dubai pedant here, but At The Top is the name of the observation deck on the Burj Khalifa itself. So that view must be from somewhere else, probably Neos bar in The Address Hotel?

Oops, thats the one.:)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
U Fleku the oompah beer Keller in Prague is the corniest, overpriced bar in the city and I love the place.
And guess what..... The beer is superb.
Other than that any of the waterfront bars in Camps bay in Capetown when the sun sets and you sip a Mai Tai.

boik

One of the top views from a bar in my world is the view from one of the two upstairs window tables in the Fortune Of War over Brighton beach and the wide blue/grey/black sea beyond. Anyone I take there always agrees and immediately falls in love with it. Hope the pub recovers fully from the current big hole in the road scenario. Obviously.

Elsewhere in the world, my favourite bar is probably the Beach Hotel (aka the Top Pub) in Byron Bay, NSW.

Hear hear! We've built our summerhouse modelled on the upstairs bay window in the FoW. Watching the sun go down from there is bliss, and dog-friendly too.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Klunckerkranich is pretty cool. It's a beach bar on the top floor of a multistory carpark in Berlin. The views are quite incredible and the bar itself is great fun on a sunny day/warm evening.

This place open in May Herr?

it's come from nowhere but my Berlin trip is 2 weeks tomorrow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Carnegies in Taipei because I played for their football team, because you can dance on the bar and because it hardly ever closed.

11acarnegies.jpg

Capocaccia in Florence was nice - apparently now rebranded as Noir and made all dark inside which it certainly wasn't when we went.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here