Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BEST Amex wins of 2023

Favourite Amex win of the calendar year (in video order)

• Total voters

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
So many great memories this year.
The quality of the teams we've beaten this year.
Went for Man U just for the drama. Would've been Spurs, if not for the late collapse. But both Liverpool's were spectacular, as well as Marseille.

Now just waiting for the worst draw poll (Sheffield, Fulham or Burnley?)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I cant pick one. Top 3 though, Marseille, Liverpool 3-0, West Ham.

Weirdly, beating Ajax felt a bit straightforward and routine, and would be bottom of that list for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Impossible to choose - which is incredible in itself really. We’ve gone from barely having a goal of the month contender some months not so long ago to this……..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It says a lot when we put 4 past Spurs and it’s not near the top.

The 3-0 Liverpool for me, though Marseille late winner was utterly euphoric

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
That is an embarrassment of riches to choose from. I will grudgingly accept a few 1-1s against Burnley and Sheffield United if it means we have thirteen (thirteen!) glorious, memorable home wins like that in a year.

Some of them were proper rub-my-eyes "What have I just seen?" moments. Okay, Liverpool weren't at their best last season but we absolutely dominated them, not just sneaking a couple of goals and defending for our lives. West Ham couldn't get near us. That team selection for Wolves looked like a Hail Mary or a cry for help (Gilmour? Undav?) after the Forest capitulation but it proved to be inspired — and that beautiful Groß goal may be my favourite of the season. Champions League Newcastle were dismantled by a teenager.

And the late, late, but so thoroughly deserved winners against Manchester United and Marseille.

What a time to be alive and an Albion fan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you turn the sound right up and listen really intently at around the 19 second mark.
If you know what you're listening for, you can just about hear me...

...booing Bouonanotte

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
United 1-0. The European dream realised, the silence as the ref blew the whistle, the sheer elation when it went in. The Birds Eye view video from above the stadium that I’ve watched over a thousand times.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Voted Liverpool. That's arguably our best ever performance over 90 minutes. We schooled them that day.

Marseille is a close 2nd but in truth it was a pretty soporific match for the most part. Pedro's goal in that game was probably the Amex goal of 2023 but you could also argue a great case for THAT penalty.

Looking at the list, it's a tough ask for 2024 - or any other year - to top that. Fantastic memories all round

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
this year, beating Liverpool 3-0

Tearing Chelsea a new one last year was still the best ever.

It's been a good year for football.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Even though Marseilles was special and that ManUre late win was revenge, I voted for the cup game. Possibly because I had moved seat and had a lovely view of Mitoma's glorious winner, but it was a 'come from behind' and the second win against them in close order.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I loved the mobile phone video from one of the student flats down the road, where you could see the glow of the Amex lights and then hear the roar from half a mile away when Mac Allister's penalty went in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here