Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion keeper?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mark Beeney. Good keeper and if we hadn't sold him to Leeds we would have gone bust.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Because he was a bit of a cult hero at times but never quite up there with our best ever keepers.

Safe as houses, the goalie in trousers? Probably best known for that accident and the ruptured ...
no, I can't even type it. My eyes are watering too much.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who married my cousin. I still remember putting jumpers down in queens park and Dave going in goal so that me and my mates could have pot shots at him. Great days.

I've got a magazine interview by him, entitled 'I am glad my father didn't see me let in 9 goals.' Probably from Charles Buchan's Football Monthly in the good old days.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Another vote for Nicky Rust. Always dependable and was magic at taking the ball and any attacking players near it when punching from corners :)

Also a special mention for Tony Meola. Flairtastic mullet of Budgie Byrne proportions :rolleyes:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Nicky Rust had poorer distribution than Kuipers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nicky Rust had poorer distribution than Kuipers

After a promising start I'd mark him as the worst ever long term keeper we have had in the whole time I have watched the Albion. Dreadful. But this nomination is a wind up of a similar quality of people who now claim John Crumplin was an Albion great surely :rolleyes:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
After a promising start I'd mark him as the worst ever long term keeper we have had in the whole time I have watched the Albion. Dreadful. But this nomination is a wind up of a similar quality of people who now claim John Crumplin was an Albion great surely :rolleyes:

From what I remember, he certainly did deteriorate. Mind you, so would most players with the defence he had in front of him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here