Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion keeper?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Albion have had some brilliant keepers, Powney was legendry, one of the most agile keepers I've ever seen, Eric Steele was excellent as was Eric Gill back in the day. Kusczak is very special.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I would probably have to say PIG. Time has been kind to both Steele and Moseley who were very average and prone to mistakes especially on crosses. Moseley probably the slightly better keeper as Steele stayed on his line too much. Big Joe was class but was at the end of his career. Always liked John Keely, was excellent in the promotion season of 87-88. But overall I would pick Koosh over all I have seen (too young for Powney, Grummit and Gill).

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
BHA always had good keepers.
Many didn't quite make it.
Geoff Sidebottom.
Alan Dovey.
Simon Steele.
Tommy Barden.
Quite often it is about your face fitting.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My Favourite was Ben Roberts. I thought he was brilliant for us, although injuries got the better of him.

Koosh, by a country mile has been the best keeper since i've watch the club, but having seen us for the first time in 1995 I'm not really blessed with that many great keepers.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd say Koosh, but as i'm in nearer the younger end of the scale of fans then i've little to choose from. Was always a fan of Roberts...and oddly enough Henderson. I do often wonder what he could achieve with a bit more consistency.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't go back further than Steele / Moseley, and in that debate, I was always a Moseley fan. Corrigan was past his best with us, but was still brilliant, what a presence that man had. Keeley was very good, and so was Beeney. Kuszczak could end up being the best of all-time, but for me, I'm still with my first love ... Graham Moseley.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Moseley and then Keeley were my faves when I used to get to loads of games, but from what I've seen of The Big Pole he's possibly the best ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here