Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion Comeback?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not a comeback but a turnaround against Walsall.
0-0 at halftime and won 7-0. Goals from Wardy and Spider Mellor.l

That sprung to mind with me as well. We were getting the run around in the first half and I thought Walsall would nick it.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
This one didn't have a happy ending but 3-0 down before half time at Bramall Lane in the late 80s. Went 4-3 up leading to delirious scenes among the 200 or so in the away end only to lose 5-4 to the last kick (a header actually) of the game.

Also memorable for a classic comment from Super Kenny Cornwall on the train home which was designated dry because Liverpool were at Derby.

Copper : there's no beer on this train son.
Super Ken : (draining the last of his 4th tinnie and holding it up triumphantly) : that's where you're wrong officer. There is.

Any more Kenny stories anyone? LA BHA of a certain age should be able to weigh in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3-0 down at Coventry at Highfield Road

Second half hat trick by Gordon Smith to draw 3-3. Unbelievable scenes

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Liam Brady "If my granny had balls, she'd be my grandad"

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Sunderland at home in about 1978. 1 - 0 down with about 2 minutes to go when on comes super sub Eric Potts.....................the rest is history (and it was on the TV the next day, quite a novelty then!).

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I seem to remember us coming back from 2-1 at Grimsby with 15 mins or so left to win 4-2 in about April/May 85?

But the one I enjoyed most was 1-3 down to Bournemouth with 9 mins to go at home in a league game, can't remember when. Think Chapman scored from long range and then we equalised at the death. Bedlam in the North Stand, that was tremendous.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Sheff Utd one sprang to my mind as well for some reason. Remember feeling completely gutted, whereas had we lost 3-0 as we were at half time would have just taken it on the chin!

What about Liverpool away in the cup, 2-0 down with half an hour to goal, came back to 2-2 to grab a replay.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
First game at the Goldstone August '77 against Millwall, 0-2 down at half time, came back and won 3-2. :albion1:

Think this was the game that Millwall fans wore ballaclavas and tried to climb into the Directors box in the West Stand.

This was also the season we just missed out on promotion due to the south coast club & spurs stitching us up on the last day. :tosser::tosser:

Last edited:

Sunderland at home in about 1978. 1 - 0 down with about 2 minutes to go when on comes super sub Eric Potts.....................the rest is history (and it was on the TV the next day, quite a novelty then!).

ah, that was my one. incedently the following year against Sunderland,was also on the box. Teddy Maybank hit the bar with the best overhead kick i've ever seen

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I seem to remember us coming back from 2-1 at Grimsby with 15 mins or so left to win 4-2 in about April/May 85?

Correct, I thought it was 2-0 down. It was the last away game of the season, and we had to win to have any chance of making promotion.

I think the goalscorers included Worthington, Connor and Saunders, a fearsome front line compared to what we have had many years since then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was at a few of the game mentioned, and think I went the most MENTAL, at the Leicester 0-2 to 3-2 one a couple of season back.

There was a fairly amusing one at home to Forest too, where we went from 0-1 to 2-1 in about 25 seconds. Hammond scored, and that Aussie Ward.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Our greatest comeback has to be from the hands of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti, with no ground of our own for years, and thanks to Dick Knight and Tony Bloom in ten short months at Falmer we will be doing a fair Pheonix impression and beginning a new chapter in the rollercoaster ride that is supporting BHA :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here