Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bent released by Villa... [...and signs for Derby]

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We would never pay the wages for someone like Bent. We all know we will take a punt on some div1 striker who has probably already failed in the Championship.

Yoda

English & European

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Got a feeling we be pussy footing about again. "Trying" to get something for nothing and end up with bottom of the barrel again. Until i'm proved otherwise. I will continue to believe that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yep, Black and white:

"Staff costs, including directors' remuneration, were as follows:

Wages and salaries:
Social security costs:
Other Pension costs:"

At NO point does it say FIRST TEAM.

More analysis of the accounts and what that means re: the football budget and some decent comparisons with other clubs
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

or the very lovely @elpresidente 's version of same
http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?434-The-2014-Albion-Financial-Review

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed.

Other teams making signings, albion not able to get any over the line.

It's shaping up to being just like last summer all over again.

At least we are saving on air tickets for the pre season trip.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jonah

After Bent signed for Derby their fortunes declined.

Yoda

English & European
More analysis of the accounts and what that means re: the football budget and some decent comparisons with other clubs
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

or the very lovely @elpresidente 's version of same
http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?434-The-2014-Albion-Financial-Review

Again, no break down of the wages between what is first team, dev squad, U18's, backroom staff, directors, stadium staff, etc....

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Either way we are supposedly paying high wages for C**p players. If we are reputedly paying our players such high figures then we really are screwed and as we all know we panic brought last year as we didn't have a side to put out when the season started. If the same happens this year there are going to be one hell of a lot of dissatisfied "Customers" at the first home game. Let's hope lessons have been learnt. I suspect we will struggle to bring quality in as players outside our club will have noticed all new signings are played out of position or replaced by loan signings after they have played a couple of games. Chris Hughton has got a lot of selling to do if he wants to get players to sign. We have missed the "boat" when we had a good product to sell, ie new ground and training facililities. Hope I am wrong but there is a tough couple of months ahead and don't expect signings of the calibre of Vicente,Bridge Upson etc. Not sure where it has all gone wrong. :D Well got to laugh or I would cry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'd email Barber that little gem for the ready made excuses on lack of player signings in a couple of months, we plainly don't need players of that ilk. :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's not actually the case.

He signed on 2nd January when they were 3rd, three points off the top.

Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 16.21.27.png

They hit top spot on 21st February. Bent had scored 7 in his 6 league games during that rise.

Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 16.22.44.png

I'm not sure his 13 goals in 17 league games for Derby had much to do with their faltering performance.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
:shootself

His Career average is near 1 goal in every 2 games, sensational at this level if they can keep him fit. this deal was done in January, new wife and no need to move house and home.
30 goal a season man.

But alas, he ends up at Derby.... Couldn't we have persuaded Bent to come here? We need quality up front and we need it soon.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
But alas, he ends up at Derby.... Couldn't we have persuaded Bent to come here? We need quality up front and we need it soon.

If he was out of contract then I would imagine he would want a 6 or 7 figure golden hello in return for signing, plus 35k a week. However, if he gets Derby promoted with his goals then that outlay will look like chicken shit compared to premier pay outs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here