Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bent released by Villa... [...and signs for Derby]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Derby, we have absolutely no chance imo. I know Chailey Jem will not agree with me but we cannot compete with them, even if we wanted him.

yep, he is probably on the bus there already

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm sure we could tempt him with a player discount on the room rate at the on site hotel being built.

and a tent in the meantime

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two things we can say with some certainty:

1. Derby will be promotion contenders again this season.
2. Zamora not now likely to end up at Derby.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Derby showing some purpose in landing their targets.

Albion relaxed about theirs.

On the basis that he was on loan there, this could well have been sorted out ages ago.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I will start a thread with a video of me eating a raw turnip if we sign him this summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe it was done a couple of weeks back, obv had to wait for the formality of his Villa deal being terminated. Same with Alex Pearce.

You do realise how difficult this makes it for teams like the Albion with no parachute payments to compete for players like this, when you sign them up so quickly, don't you? Oh hang on....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ambitious teams don't **** about
Oh be fair.

They've probably been working on the deal since January.

Although chances are he was probably scared into signing for Derby as the prospect of standing all alone in an AMEX penalty box loomed large.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You do realise how difficult this makes it for teams like the Albion with no parachute payments to compete for players like this, when you sign them up so quickly, don't you? Oh hang on....

I don't understand what Albion do with all their revenue tbh, some of the off field expenses must be frigging high to create the losses they do.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't understand what Albion do with all their revenue tbh, some of the off field expenses must be frigging high to create the losses they do.....

Like most clubs. It goes on wages mostly of the first team squad. 85% of it..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here