Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I never met BG or traded posts directly with him but I always looked out for his NSC contributions and then sat back and observed the often inevitable fallout that followed! With few exceptions most of his posts, and others’ responses thereto, seemed generally good natured and he never failed to entertain nor bore a grudge against those with whom he sparred online. My thoughts and deepest condolences go out to his family. He will be sorely missed on here, and will always be fondly remembered as one of NSC’s Omsung heroes. RIP BG.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
RIP BG!
He sat not far from me in the West Lower - spoke to him a few times over the years so as I could put a face to the NSC name I often had a chuckle at the reactions some of his posts and opinions got on here

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In my very last interaction with BG he posted that Tyson Fury "couldn't stop a bus"......Fury promptly stopped Wilder in the 7th.

I doubt he would have cared, in fact I think he just loved the interactions. A true character and proper Brighton fan. And, yes, he'll be missed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very sad news. BG was an eternal presence on here to say he’ll be missed is an understatement. RIP BG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Very sorry to hear that.

Respect to the inventor of the Omsung Phine. In using this name (as I do) he will not be forgotten.

Absolutely. Few of us leave a mark on this planet, but BG will always have this invention to his name.

I just checked, and it's almost exactly three years to the day since his innocent typo started the legend that is the Omsung Phine.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I received a call earlier today which broke the news of Brian's sudden passing which really shook me.

Thanks for taking time out of your own personal grieving to let people know [MENTION=6007]arfer guinness[/MENTION].

Brian was much-loved on NSC. He was our controversial uncle, sitting in the corner of the room, and never shy in sharing his opinion on absolutely any subject at all.

NSC will be all the poorer for his absence, and my email inbox and NSC PMs will be considerably less busy also.

I'd like to make a donation, on behalf of the NSC community, to a charity of Brian's family's choosing. When you have the time, please let me know where a donation should be made.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Unbelievable, I’m sure it was only a few days ago that I was reading his posts? I used to ‘smile’ when he ‘appeared’ to be so IT ignorant, I often thought he was pulling our legs! Most of all I enjoyed his comments on football. I don’t know how old he was, but he’d obviously been around football for many years? Although we had never met, I’ll miss you. RIP

He was still posting yesterday.

It therefore comes as a big shock to see this thread. Thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Very often didn't agree with his posts, but he has been an integral part of NSC for many, many years:-

1234.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BG was an NSC institution. I once said it would be a lesser place if he wasn't here. And now it is.

RIP

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Very sad to hear this, for someone i've never met, but despite my own low post count had sparred with once or twice in the past on what counts as an Olympic sport. he certainly leaves a long impression as well as much entertainment and general head shaking.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
He was a nice person - RIP BG. You made me laugh.

Can we please get three points in his honour on Saturday please. That would be fitting.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Very sad news. The Marcus Trescothick England re-call will probably never happen now and our primary left back scout has now left us.

I also loved his player ratings based on radio commentary! Absolute legend.

NSC won’t be the same again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here