Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Unbelievable, I’m sure it was only a few days ago that I was reading his posts? I used to ‘smile’ when he ‘appeared’ to be so IT ignorant, I often thought he was pulling our legs! Most of all I enjoyed his comments on football. I don’t know how old he was, but he’d obviously been around football for many years? Although we had never met, I’ll miss you. RIP

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Well, im shocked to hear that. RIP BG and condolences to the family.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Very sad news.
He will be missed, not only by his immediate family, but also by his disfunctional family of NSC'ers on here.
RIP BG.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The worse kind of news.

NSC has lost one of its entertaining sons. He took things squarely on the chin and while controversial in his views which were sometimes just plain mad and odd ball he also made some great points. NSC will be that little bit quieter and less enjoyable without him.

RIP BG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Such sad news. Always found his threads and opinions both amusing and entertaining. Will be sadly missed here.

RIP BG

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What shit news. BG will always be a legend around these parts! Always enjoyed his views against the norm.

I hope all the family are well. RIP BG x

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So sorry to hear this shocking news. On NSC we would always have differing views but he always gave as good as he got. My sympathy goes out to his family.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oh no.....I'm genuinely shocked and saddened - so sorry for your loss. I know his health was failing a bit through exchanges around getting to and from the Amex etc but this is awful. He's an absolute legend on here and always gave as good as he got - I have this picture in my head (confirmed by others who knew him) of him laughing his head off whenever someone got the hump with him on here.

Thoughts with all of you at this time. When the time is right please post details of where we can make a donation in his memory if that's something the family is doing, would like to do something.

Well said. I used to cringe if he quoted one of my posts or posted immediately after I had posted but within seconds of reading his post I would be grinning. A lover of Sussex Sport with an expert knowledge of everything. BG will be sorely missed. RIP.

We have lost a NSC friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here