Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Me too. Floods. More upset than when I heard David Bowie had died, truth be told. And I actually met Bowie once.

I am guilty of taking the piss on more than one occasion but he's also had quite a few 'thumbs up' off of me, not that he would have given a tuppenny damn about either :bowdown: :lolol:.

RIP BG.

The feeling is obviously shared as this thread has currently surpassed the Bowie RIP thread by 14 pages.
So while the Beatles may have been bigger than Jesus, BG was clearly bigger than Bowie.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He had a pub? Really... he should have mentioned it :cheers:

Used to i think mate. Unless i got that horribly wrong. Swear he mentioned it before. ???

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Usually view NSC on my phone, meaning I scroll through posts without looking at the poster's name so it's zoomed in enough. 95% of the time, I'd know it was BG I was reading through the post alone. One of a kind.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think I ever agreed with anything BG ever said but I agree with everything said here. NSC will be the worse off without him. Condolences to all his friends and family.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Really sorry to hear this news. Had a few interactions on here with hi and always looked forward to his posts and how they used to wind certain posters up! This place aint gonna be the same, that's for sure!

R.I.P BG, you were and always will be a NSC Legend!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I received a call earlier today which broke the news of Brian's sudden passing which really shook me.

Thanks for taking time out of your own personal grieving to let people know [MENTION=6007]arfer guinness[/MENTION].

Brian was much-loved on NSC. He was our controversial uncle, sitting in the corner of the room, and never shy in sharing his opinion on absolutely any subject at all.

NSC will be all the poorer for his absence, and my email inbox and NSC PMs will be considerably less busy also.

I'd like to make a donation, on behalf of the NSC community, to a charity of Brian's family's choosing. When you have the time, please let me know where a donation should be made.

Truly tragic news :-(

is there any chance [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] that a small fundraiser page could be set up to send some sort of 'RIP BG' flowers arrangement via the OP on behalf of the NSC community? I'd personally like to donate if it's deemed appropriate.

Brian was a big figure of this NSC community and whilst I never knew him personally, its obvious that NSC and this community was also a part of Brian's life, because of his love for the Albion.

It would be great if we could send a tribute to the truly one and only BG. God bless you Brian.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
RIP
I'll miss my dad saying "you'll never guess what BG said on NSC last night"

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Very sad news. I love reading most stuff on here and his many varied contributions will be honestly missed. Thanks for the smiles old chum!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I returned from holiday yesterday, turned on my computer this morning, to receive this terrible piece of news.

I was honoured to know Brian personally, not just through his many posts on here. We met many times, pre-match meals in Fillets on London Road, and shared many chats, (and downed many pints) at the Hare & Hounds in my village. He was a controversial figure that's for sure, never short of an opinion or three, but misunderstood by many people on here who didn't know the real Brian.

An old fashioned family man is what Brian was, interesting to talk to, and a real gentleman. He will be sorely missed by his wife Lyn and family..

I'll miss you mate that's for sure, (said with a very heavy heart).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here